Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a question >

I have a question

I have a question

Old 01-04-2011, 06:22 PM

She should have at least given some reason for not giving the name of the pattern even the fact that she didn't know it or where the pattern came from. Maybe she was just shy.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:33 PM

Maybe she bought the quilt and said she made it. She would be embarassed to admit it if she didn't know the pattern.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
I don't understand her reaction either. If someone wanted to know about a pattern of something that I was showing off to them, I certainly would share it. If it was a pattern I had designed myself, I would say that, end of conversation. I had a similar response from a board member here when I asked people to post pics of their avatar quilts and tell pattern and designer. I was interested in seeing bigger photos of peoples work not trying to steal their ideas. One meber posted that she would not share her qult pattern and wasn't going to give me free lessons. I was shocked! Here is the link to the topic if you are interested in seeing the quilts of those who did want to share. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-72553-1.htm
Good luck finding the pattern for the mystery quilt!!
Quilters are the last ones you'd ever expect to be rude but I guess the saying goes: one in every crowd. Being new to this board, I want to thank you for sharing the thread to the avatar quilt pics. I had so much fun looking at all those beautiful quilts!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Bag Lady
I recently saw a lovely quilt made by one our church members. I asked the person who made it if she would mind telling me the name of the pattern, but she refused. Why are people like that.
Sounds like a nice charitable thing to do - what a - what a bitc....
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM

My aunt, DM's sis, made the most wonderful chocolate cake. She said she gave DM the recipe, but we think she left out an ingredient or changed the recipe when she wrote it down. Now she is gone, no one can enjoy it, and I really loved that cake! She was a very sweet person otherwise...
Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 AM

Being a church member doesn't have much to do with these things. When I was young, I used to read Ann Landers' column in the paper every day. One of her quotes has always stuck with me:
"A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints."
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 AM

We all have bad mood days. Doesn't sound like she gets much love in her life. We're very lucky on here.
Annie
Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by deanna.r
Being a church member doesn't have much to do with these things. When I was young, I used to read Ann Landers' column in the paper every day. One of her quotes has always stuck with me:
"A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints."
An excellent quote! I miss Ann Landers.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lvaughan
Maybe, they want to feel like they have done something special and it won't be if others make it too. I had a friend that was a wonderful cook and would bring samples for me to try, but she would guard her recipes. She made a tasty appetizer made with spinach and puff pastry that I would have loved to have the recipe. She felt a need to be the only one to make them.
SO very true, they like to be in charge------worked with one!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:09 AM

I, too, gladly share information about my projects and often offer to teach someone how to do her own. Often they want you to spend your time making one for them not spend the time and effort to do it for themselves. It is a little discouraging to share a favorite recipe at a potluck dinner and then have that person bring it to the next potluck meal.