Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just want to make ALL the quilts! >

I just want to make ALL the quilts!

I just want to make ALL the quilts!

Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM

You are not alone!! I'm in that boat with you. I have 6 tops (assorted sizes) finished to be quilted, 2 tops that needs the border only, others half done, boxes of completed blocks to be assembled and tons of strips, squares etc to be sewn. I skip from one project to another, embroider and crochet when I need a quilting break. It's therapy!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM

I don't know how many UFOs I have, I pack them up when I have guests or need the space or whatever. Worked as an executive secretary once, The exec said he decided I was about 50/50 intellectual and creative. He could push me into intellectual mode but not into creative. Neither can I push myself into creative...when I try to be creative and its not right the results are not good. Even so, I can make up my mind to complete a project and finish it. Particularly if I really like it. Going back to a project can be more exciting because it is partially done when I restart it. Presently, I have a large quilt in a frame that I am hand quilting, 12 blocks finished for a top. a set of blocks for a top, two lap quilts ready to tie for charity. several full size tops ready to quilt...and more and more. I have donated tops to charity this past year so my pile is reduced.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 PM

You are definitely not alone. We are all in the same boat. I like having more than one WIP at a time going. If I get bored with one, I can pick up another. I really don't think it's a bad thing...
Old 04-27-2013, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I usually only work on 2 ata time. One 'main' quilt and another top that I cut out completely and sew as an 'enders and leaders' per Bonnie Hunter. I just make sure that the 2 quilts are totally different color schemes so I don't get confused. It's amazing how this bonus top gets done.
same here, I promised myself not to have more than 2 WIP's and I am still working on my son's tumbling block quilt which is tedious and I only work on it when I am clear-minded (which is not often enough). I just took a lap quilt off the long arm yesterday and will need to bind it before starting another project... but while I was at the LQS yesterday FMQ'ing my quilt, I saw several new patterns I can't wait to make.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:00 AM

I am there with you I have contracted adhd with my addition to wanting to quilt i want to make so many i get so overwellmed and then feelings of guilt but i tell myself it will be okay and my determination kicks in
Old 04-27-2013, 03:20 AM

Whew!!!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this sickness.. If you only knew how many projects I have going on at the same time. It's scary.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:27 AM

So I really have a lot of quilting to do today. I looked at this thread, and saw SIX PAGES ? ; well I'll just read one or two. So here I am at the end and loved it.

I have seven quilts started since January that need to be done by the middle of June. I'll be going on a month long teaching camp trip in Europe then, and our quilt show is the first of August. Better get crackin'.

Two are done; one is bound, but needs a little more quilting; one is sandwiched ready for quilting; one top is done but needs borders; one is in pieces!!!; and the other one is a top and back, waiting. I think I will take the "pieces" along as I think there are sewing machines there, (and I may be teaching some sewing), so maybe I can work on it there.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 AM

I'm the odd one out on this! Haven't got a dedicated sewing room; just use our dining room. Because of space limits, I make myself finish what I'm working on before starting another one. By the time I'm getting close to the end, the thoughts in my head of what I'll make next spur me on to finishing up the current one. I'm also still pretty new at this, so maybe I'll eat my words in another yr. or two!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:37 AM

Hi Mooshie, I was so glad to read all the comments on here. I thought I was alone in this sickness but I see I have a lot of company in feeling the same way. I cannot begin to list all the projects I have started and seems that I hardly can finish one project before I see something else that grabs my attention and "I JUST HAVE TO DO THAT TOO!!!!" I am excited that tomorrow I leave for a whole week Sewing Retreat with the American Sewing Guild. 20 of us going from our chapter. We each get two 8 ft. tables. Take a sewing machine or two, a suitcase full of fabrics, patterns, cutting mat, rotary cutter, thread and pins....and off we go for a whole week....to the Kenilworth Lodge, an old restored huge hotel in Sebring, Fla. We get the whole ball room and it looks like one of those sweatshops in China (I guess when you walk in). You see 20 of us at our stations just sewing our hearts out, and machines purring away. We can sew all night if we wish to...but we all break at 5 p.m. and car pool to a different restaurant each night, then back to whatever sewing we want to do for as long or as little as we want to. I can't wait to get there and work on my projects. (No cooking, laundry, cleaning, interruptions.....it's heavenly!!!)
Old 04-27-2013, 05:44 AM

I have several quilts started and always have needle hand work going too. Usually hand quilting something or English paper piecing. It heals me and people get blessings from what I make.