Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just want to make ALL the quilts! >

I just want to make ALL the quilts!

I just want to make ALL the quilts!

Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 AM

Thanks to you all for letting me know I'm not the only one afflicted with this wonderful ailment. I have one top made & waiting til I get some batting to put it together, and am working on 2 others. Was so undecided which to work on yesterday I took a break & made a tote. Came out really neat, & actually managed to attach the handles without twisting one.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 AM

Boy your sure aren't alone sister. The other problem I have is I'm not married to any particular style. I mean I love batiks as much as I love reproduction and vintage fabrics. I also love civil war and country fabrics. You could say my taste is very eclectic. But it all adds up to a real mishmash of fabric. I always have at least 3 quilts on the go as well. So I feel your situation...believe me!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 AM

I am working on catching up with my Quilting guild blocks. Total of 7 and so far I have 5 completed. I have a Civil War quilt started for my eldest GS, he is 21 today and was my birthday present 21 yrs ago today. I have 4 started from classes I have taken, have signed up for two more next month, and 3 kits. plus $5 club blocks, blocks of the month, which are all applique and then an applique/embroidery one. Then today my young housecleaner liked a couple of applique blocks I have made so will try to make her one for Christmas. Oh yes I have a top finshed and waiting to be sandwiched for the Summer beach trip that family, extended family, in-laws and out-laws are going to. 13 adults and 11 children. I look forward to working on all of these. When I get bored with one I go to another for awhile. After I catch up with the quild blocks will go will start of a 4th of July kit, and then back to the Civil War one, Christmas theme quilt x2, oh no it looks like I have enough for a life time to go. Have fun quilting I fo every day and that is why I have a housekeeper come weekly and she brings her daughter to help, learn and earn some of the money. Off to the sewing machine again. Have a part PP block to start on and finish today.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM

OK, since we are being honest with each other, sister quilters..I LOVE to do the tops, dont like that pinning it all together part, dont mind the actual quilting.......SO,the problem I have is that I ALWAYS have a box full of ones that are finished tops, waiting for the next step.... once in a while, I take a whole box up to my glasstop dining table, sit down, and pin together until I run out of safety pins.........then there is the "next" box, that now has quilts that are pinned together now, just waiting for me to quilt them (on the machine, of course)....now, the"tops" box has room,so what do I want to do ???.Why, make more tops of course......it is a never ending circle........
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM

I will join the multi-quilt club!! I try to limit the WIP to 3-4 at a time...My goal is not to start another one until one of the WIP are done...Of course it is hard to stick to, except that many of the quilts are made for a specific person, and I have a date to get done by...Right now I am hand quilting a graduation quilt, so I really need to finish soon!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 AM

At first, I hand quilted all of my quilts and only made one at a time and this took about a year per since they were large quilts. Then, as I got older and got more stash and toys (rulers, etc.) I figured out that I would be too old or dead before I got all the quilts I wanted to make done. So now, I get the quilts machine quilted. I guess I will still be dead before I get all the quilts I want to make done or even started, but I will have been one prolific quilter! LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM

I'm with you on this one - although I do have a room, there just isn't enough space to have so much going on at one time. That kind of clutter drives me a little nuts. Also, I am new at this myself, so time will tell.. I am planning my next project once I'm halfway in on the current one, so I try to finish up before I start a new project.