Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Know That I have an Illness >

I Know That I have an Illness

I Know That I have an Illness

Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
My mom always found quilt inspiration in funny places. Once when we were driving past a flower shop she saw some large colorful butterflies dangling from strings in the window and she asked me if I would go in and ask to trace the outline of one of them so she could make a butterfly quilt. Well, i sort of waffled but I went in anyway and a young boy came to the counter and I asked if I could trace one of the butterflies. He looked absolutely shocked and sort of backed away like I might be dangerous. Then he said he would ask the boss. He disappeared behind a wall and I heard him say. "Some WOMAN is out her and wants to trace one of those butterflies in the window!" The boss stated that would be okay so he gave me a piece of paper and a pencil, being careful not to get within my reach and let me trace one. She cut out enough butterflies for two quilts, one for her and one for me. One of my favorite memories!
Nice story!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:21 PM

I always see quilt patterns in the brickwork walkways in front of the libraries in our local towns. I think the piecing would be a bit too advanced for my skills though.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 PM

My dad was had a business where he painted houses and did interior decorating also so I was brought up around color and I LOVE color. I used to sew alot of clothing etc & I still do a lot of crocheting. Now I look at color in a different way and find myself walking down the fabric aisles thinking of what colors and designs would look good together in a quilt and I have not completed a quilt yet. So this new color thing will just get more intense? Glad I am not alone in this.