Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I know some won't agree but please reconsider >

I know some won't agree but please reconsider

I know some won't agree but please reconsider

Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by SewOK View Post
Speaking of security -- My dh and I are very judicious about shredding, etc. We even belong to Lifelock. However, I shopped at a local Walmart on Tuesday afternoon and on Saturday, one of our credit card companies called to inquire if we had shopped in Farmers, Ohio on Friday. So, my advice is not to use a credit card at Walmart. Apparently their data bases are not very secure or they have people who are passing credit card numbers around.
That's probably not true. You can buy a device on the internet that let's you read the credit card information off of a card that a person uses when they pay for something if you are standing next to them. If you get a device that is a bit stronger you can read the information off of all their cards when they are still in their wallets or purses while you are standing next to them.For a bigger investment you can buy a device that will read all the cards in a typical Starbucks cafe. You have to have a shielded wallet to keep your cards from being read. Just having your card on your person makes it liable to be stolen if a thief is close to you with the correct technology in their pocket! Scary isn't it? There has been an expose on TV about this technology.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM

I read this and immediately went to my profile to see what I had - both city and state - would love to meet more quilters here in Aloha. I quilt with a couple of ladies I met through a church group many years ago and there is a group of us who meet monthly at a local quilt shop for show and tell, etc., and from the quilt shop group I quilt on Wednesdays with a large group. I do wish we weren't so slow to share contact information sometimes. If I am out at a garage sale and see something I think one of them might be interested in I can't call because they haven't given me a phone number.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:27 PM

This also made me check my profile, my state is listed but I'm posting to see if it comes up under my name, never thought about it. Also I noticed I'm listed as a junior member, so obviously being listed as a senior member doesn't hav anything to do with age or they would have me as "senior plus" LOL. what determines your member status?
Maire
Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 PM

I also think it's nice to see where everyone is from. A while back a member posted about a local quilt store closing & I got MANY pieces of new fabric to pet & love. LOL
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM

I was unable to accomplish this by these directions. Could you check again, please and restate the directions. Thanks.
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post

You can search for members by location. Go into the Member List, go to Search Members (it's in blue to the right of the page numbers), you'll see Advanced Search below the box that pops up, click it, then scan down to the box that says Location and type in your location. A bunch of people should pop up.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
I agree!!!!!! My experience has been that this site do not share your info with anyone!! It is very user safe. I have never gotten unwanted emails for anyone thru my info from site. What is the big deal!!!!!!!
Yes! I listed my area "as central Texas" - that covers a huge area. So I'm going to list city & state. It's a reallly neat way to find others in your area! A big Thanks to the operators of this website who donn't sell our email addresses!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:03 PM

I live in Central Texas and have listed my location as Bosque County. There isn't anyway to narrow down those who have listed Central Texas as their location any further as to their county or town since they didn't list it. I searched for the towns closest to me and apparently no one has listed within 30 miles of where I live. So, TX GMimi, what county are you in? I would love to find someone to quilt with sometimes but I don't want to drive to Ft Worth or Waco to do it. I would so love talk to someone person to person about machine applique.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Dee

Its kind of intresting to know where the different quilt sisters are from.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM

It really doesn't matter to me. I had mine in my profile until recently. And I will put it back in after the Secret Santa swap. I wouldn't want my Secret Giftee to find out I was her Santa before the official open day. I don't put it next to my picture but, it is in my profile. I sure would like more QB'rs to put more in there profiles. It would make getting to know them(there likes and dislikes) easier. But, a lot of people value their privacy and safety. So, either way, whatever floats there boats. lol
Old 11-25-2012, 08:23 PM

I believe your number of posts on the board. But, don't quote me on that. I am not a moderator and do not know that for sure. I'm still 20 plus years away from senior status in the everyday world.LOL
Originally Posted by Maire View Post
This also made me check my profile, my state is listed but I'm posting to see if it comes up under my name, never thought about it. Also I noticed I'm listed as a junior member, so obviously being listed as a senior member doesn't hav anything to do with age or they would have me as "senior plus" LOL. what determines your member status?
Maire