Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: I love QB because....

I really enjoy the people. I learn so much on here. Also it is a nice place to come when you have just had 3 teeth pulled and have don't feel like quilting. lol

Right there with ya all. :)

It's nice to share your work with people who appreciate what goes into the process. I think people in general can't tell the difference between a pieced block and a printed one. Quilters "get it" even if they don't particularly like it.

On the flipside, it's wonderful to see other peoples creations. I've learned so much and am constantly inspired.

I love the patterns, pictures, ideas, tutes, and general good fellowship! Keep it coming!

I like QB for all the good info and reinforcement that we all pretty much feel the same way about quilting and I love to look at all the quilts people make and it's just been a very nice experience so far.

I love it because everyone supports and helps one another. I have been hanging out in cyberworld reading all the comments daily for some time but decided to start joining in the discussion, Hello All!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by kyleewonder
    I love it because everyone supports and helps one another. I have been hanging out in cyberworld reading all the comments daily for some time but decided to start joining in the discussion, Hello All!!! :lol:
    Hi and welcome from SC!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pab58
    camaraderie, inspiration, encouragement, motivation, generosity, friendliness, uplifting, gratifying and a sense of community with people who share the same passion that I have for quilting :D :thumbup: :wink: 8-)
    Couldn't have said it better!!! Amen

I love quiltingboard because I don't have friends or family that quilt so this is where my quilting friends are.

Quote Originally Posted by dotlette
    I really enjoy the people. I learn so much on here. Also it is a nice place to come when you have just had 3 teeth pulled and have don't feel like quilting. lol
    Sorry to hear you've been in pain. Hope you're better and back to stitching soon.

...it's so friendly. where else do we get problems listened to, sometimes solved, loads of advice - the kind you pay heed to!- praise of all our sewing efforts, self esteem boosted, ..everyone is so lovely, a community of people with quilting in common but with such diversity that every aspect is touched upon. The only downside is that I spend so much time here reading, oohing & aahing at pictures, replying to some posts that time at my sewing machine has reduced. Not complaining though!!

I love all of the knowledge, inspiration, helpfulness, information for tips & techniques & kindness from everyone. I love seeing all the pics of everyone's projects. All of you are just the greatest!

Blog Entries
    have enjoyed it here ,for all of the great infomation everyone gives to each other,the pic,and all the chit-chat that we all do.

Blog Entries
    where else can I come and tell folks I just bought a 60 degree triangle ruler 'cuz I'm so excited by OBW's and can't wait to try them or that I also just got a 1/4 inch paper piecing ruler for the same reason and everyone *gets* it?

or who else will tell where every fabric store that's having a sale is?

or tell me about a great new cutting board called Alvin that I love?

an then there's the tutes, how-to's, encouragement,...

what's not to love?????

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I love it because the people are so friendly and helpful. It's like having an online family! And let's not even get started on all the quilt ideas I've gotten from here....
    The same for me too. I love the friendship and helpful hints given to who ever requests help. I been into all the links provided and found some great free quilt patterns which I print out or book mark the page so I can keep going back for more information. that is how I found QB in the first place.

I love the QB because all skill levels are represented and nobody is turned away. There are amazing postive vibes here, too... And so many points of view. It sort of helps one to think outside the box, or re-evaulate one's own perspective.
    I have seen one nasty conversation, but I will stick to my original generalization about this great bunch of ladies & gentlemen.

I like this QB for the friendliness, inspiration, wittiness, motivation education, imagination, examples, insight, artistry, friendliness, eagerness to share, encouragement, friendliness, (oh did I say friendliness? I really mean it). I thoroughly like this QB!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by buckyfan19
    Okay everyone, I was inspired by a different thread to get everyone's reason for loving the Quilting Board. I can't wait to hear everyone's answer.

I love QB because it is the BEST motivator and helps me fill in the slow hours of the day at work (when I have to be away from my sewing machine).
    :)

...Every time I visit this board, I feel like I am at my best friend's house. I feel welcomed, you all make me feel better when I'm having a bad day and I am learning so much!

This is a wonderful quilting bee. There is a quilt show every day; tutorials now and then; and sweet quilters who show such tender care for eachother :D :D :D I look forward to sitting every day around this vertual quilting frame.

I used to belong to a quilt guild in Ohio. It met once a month for 2 hours. The first hour was spent re-hashing the minutes from the last meeting. I joined to learn from those who had more knowledge than I did. I have been on this blog, forum or whatever you want to call it for 2 weeks, posting for 4 days and I have learned more in that short time than I learned from the guild in over 1 year. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have so much fabric and I was in a rut. Looking at all of the posts of pictures from people who take the time to post them gives inspiration. Not only to me but everyone who looks, reads and posts. Even to those who don't post are inspired.

I like it because there are no ego-maniacs that I've noticed. The links have been inspiring and educational. I almost forgot that I even owned a sewing machine up until last week. It was just sitting there collecting dust and a catch-all for mail. I've received the inspiration to complete some UFO's, provided BU BU lets me. You guys make me laugh. Some of your stories about where and who you sew for make me proud. Thank you all for being here.

I love the pics! I always look at pics!
    I am not only inspired, but am also challenged to be a better quilter!
    And so many tips and ideas!
    Plus I met a neighbor today because we had already met on this board! She only lives 4 houses down!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6