Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I love QB because....

I love it because I keep thinking Some day I can post a beautifl quilt like these other people make. Im still learning . But someday i will post a pic.Good learning spot, good people, what more can I say :)

I love it becuz of all the friendly, helpful people. Have gotten a wealth of information and a long list of projects I want to do some day!

All of the above....some days I wonder what I'd be doing if I hadn't found this board. Probably bored to death. Sitting watching TV and eating and eating......

kbs
    I live way out in the country and its like having neighbors that quilt.

I LEARN SOMETHING NEW OR BETTER EVERY DAY. EVERYONE VERY HELPFUL. DO NOT FEEL FOOLISH FOR ASKING DUMB QUESTIONS (ALWAYS GET AN ANSEWER) NO BICKERING OR BACK STABING, LOVE THIS PLACE.

I can't remember how I found the QB. I think just googling. I know little to nothing about quilting but am learning by trial and error. I usually am on the QB every evening after the house is settled and it's quiet. All the "learners" and "knowers" are great, kind and helpful to one another! Thanks everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Because I get to interface with fellow quilters all over the world, and I can even be in my pajamas at the time.
    Because I can ask questions without fear of being ridiculed and with confidence that SOMEBODY will have an answer.
    Because I get to share my knowledge and expertise when others ask questions.
    Because QB helps promote quilting.
    Ditto and well said!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckyfan19
    Okay everyone, I was inspired by a different thread to get everyone's reason for loving the Quilting Board. I can't wait to hear everyone's answer.

I love QB because it is the BEST motivator and helps me fill in the slow hours of the day at work (when I have to be away from my sewing machine).
    :)
    Me, too!!!

And I cannot remember how I found the QB either, but you have all sure helped me a lot when I was panicking about why something was not coming out right. And- it seems like someone is always there, any time of the day or night.

I Love it for lots of reasons. But most of all everybody shares their mistakes and their accomplishments, and that's great.

Dee
    I love the QB, as its like going to my comfort zone. People are wonderful. I need to get on every night. Otherwise My day is not complete.

I love being inspired by the awesome quilts that everyone makes.

I am a lone quilter...none of my friends or family quilt.

This is the place I come every day for inspiration, help, tutorials, a good laugh (thanks Ditter) and to be with others that have the same passion for fabric and quilting as I do.

The people here are so generous with their time, support and expertise....there are no "cliques", plenty of heartwarming pics and we are all welcomed....beginner right through to professional....the artists, the frugals, the traditionalists and the modernists....an eclectic and wonderful assortment (bit like a mammoth box of chocolates or a giant box of fabric scraps).

So thanks everyone and Long Live the Quilting Board.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwalker
    I am a lone quilter...none of my friends or family quilt.

This is the place I come every day for inspiration, help, tutorials, a good laugh (thanks Ditter) and to be with others that have the same passion for fabric and quilting as I do.

The people here are so generous with their time, support and expertise....there are no "cliques", plenty of heartwarming pics and we are all welcomed....beginner right through to professional....the artists, the frugals, the traditionalists and the modernists....an eclectic and wonderful assortment (bit like a mammoth box of chocolates or a giant box of fabric scraps).

So thanks everyone and Long Live the Quilting Board.
    How well you sized us all up! Very heart-warming on a cold night, even in Texas.

for all reasons listed plus getting belly laughs from Ditter --- So good for my health

I love it because everyone is so nice and I feel free to share my ideas even if/when they differ from others.

You are so right...as one who works in legal, well the notice board takes me away when things are just so horrible in this world.....& then I can drift into my thoughts of quilting as soon as I get home

Blog Entries
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. In reading all these interesting threads there are some really obvious 'common denominators' aren't there. No matter how we arrived, what has kept most of us here is such a strong sense of community. Everyone here starts with a love of quilting, even if it begins with just looking at the beautiful work being shared in the Pictures section. The tutorials are so incredibly well done, questions are asked and answered with respect and courtersy, and the value of the combined knowledge and expertise of 22,000 craftsmen cannot be measured. But my favorite part of the board is that it is genuinely helpful. There is never a sense of competition, just a heartfelt desire to promote and support the quilter's craft. I am so happy to be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by moggie
    You are so right...as one who works in legal, well the notice board takes me away when things are just so horrible in this world.....& then I can drift into my thoughts of quilting as soon as I get home
    Quilting Board "take me away!" LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmw0829
    It's peaceful. I've only been here for a few weeks but I haven't seen one fight!
    We are willing to fight for your right to make your quilt any way you want!
    I am officially taking names, so that when I get to heaven, I will have my list of people to look up. I have no doubt you will all be there. :thumbup:

I like it because of all the wonderful information here and also for everyone's inspirational projects and helpful advice...it is the greatest

I am not a member of a quilting group, none of my friends quilt and so I don't have anyone to "talk quilting" with so it is my outlet.

Blog Entries
    It's like having a house full of company every morning. We just talk and talk and talk. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    I love it because the people are so friendly and helpful. It's like having an online family! And let's not even get started on all the quilt ideas I've gotten from here....
    ditto!

I love the inspiration I get here. No matter what my day has been, it's always better after I've spent a while here.
    MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE!

I love QB for the fellowship, ideas, encouragement, pictures, inspiration, answers and tutorials. I'm sure there is lots more that I can't put words to.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast