Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I made a goal and I'm almost there.... >

I made a goal and I'm almost there....

I made a goal and I'm almost there....

Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Originally Posted by nursie76
The Rose Garden is done!! And it's only 9:40 AM. :-D Now I have to let the horses out--the ice has stop and it's snowing so it's safe. Hubby wants to go out for breakfast. :-D

I have a little school work to do--then I'll cut bindings. The fabrics are all picked out.
You certainly have been busy! All that done this am. I am just getting around for church! (I'll blame it on lingering jet lag, just got back from NZ on Monday).

How are your sweet minis? Hoping we can stop by this summer for some sweet muzzle kisses.

Have a great rest of the day. Those beautiful florals won't be waiting much longer :thumbup:
Oh! You went to see your daughter!! Is everything okay there?? Was she near the earthquake???

I would LOVE to have you come to the pastures to kiss muzzles! :-D Wait till you see how big the babies are--esp Tucker. He's a moose, like his mama, but not overweight--jsut a tank. Love that boy. Well, I love ALL of them. :D
Indeed, we did visit Melissa. In fact we were in on the south island about 4 hours from the quake, but did feel a little. Praise God, we decided at the last minute to change the order of our trip or we would have been in Christchurch at the time of the quake. We really need to send out prayers to those poor folks in Christchurch.

I bet Tucker one very handsome boy! Can't wait to see them all again. AND all the beautiful creations you are finishing up!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:44 AM

I am sooooo jealous! At last count I had 18 tops done.I just HATE sandwiching a quilt!!!!!! Maybe I need to follow in your footsteps. I am very proud of you!!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:49 AM

barnbum, sounds like we are similiar in some ways. I like to make lists and check things off with a red sharpie! I keep myself under control by finishing certain projects before allowing myself to start new ones!!! Good luck and congratulations to keeping to your goals! :)

My biggest list is the projects I want to start "one day" and of course a bargello is on that list!! :)
Old 03-06-2011, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the replies!!

Last three bindings are made!!

cmagee84--I do love checking things off a list!! :-D
nursie--I'm so glad you're safe. Thank goodness you changed your plans. Divine intervention?!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Hurray for you!!!! Keep going, you'll have them done in no time.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Karla, I can hardly wait for the bargello! OMG I already know it's going to be fabulous!!
You have great willpower though, not so good with that here lol
These look SO much better in person.... but this is what I've been drooling over as I stitch.
What beautiful florals.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:31 PM

I am sending you a BIG PAT ON THE BACK. Congratulations.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:28 PM

WoooHooo!! That a way for sticking to your goal! I would wish I could say that I would have done LOTS of sewing if I could have stayed home in snowbound New York instead of being a snowbird in FL, but I probably would have not stuck to my guns like you did. I'm proud of you. Can't wait to get home and sew once again.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:31 PM

[quote=cmagee84]barnbum, sounds like we are similiar in some ways. I like to make lists and check things off with a red sharpie! I keep myself under control by finishing certain projects before allowing myself to start new ones!!!

I make lists, but I am not good at sticking to them. I am going to try your red sharpie technique. I WANT to finish, but move on to a new project to see what it looks like.

Your way is the way to go.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Feels good to finish something, doesn't it? Great job!