Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I made a solemn promise........

Banned
    My fiance adores the Crown Royal quilt. I can tell his patience is running thin though concerning my "inability" to get it finished:) First, I got interrupted by DH wanting her quilt finished. I thought, ok its'a a simple meander pattern I can knock that out in a weekend (turned into 4 lol) then, I joined the International Round Robin group. My center is almost done, or will be by Thursday night so it can go in the mail to Sandpat on Friday. He asked me the other night "do you have anything else that HAS to be done next?" with those big, brown, puppy dog eyes :) How could I say no to those? So, I solemnly promised that the next one I finished would be his. Now, how can I fit 3 more quick quilts into the time left between now and Christmas and get his done?

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Sure. Just tell him he has to do the cooking and cleaning so you can quilt. Sounds like a win win to me. :)

Don't forget to tell him to do the laundry while he's at it! 8)

Just give him another bottle of Crown, that should keep him busy and he wont notice if your not working on it right away!!!! :lol: :lol:

Am intrigued as to what a Crown Royal quilt is?

He really needs to clean, cook, and do laundry.

Banned
    here's one of the "in-progress" pics I have on my work comp. It's all finished now.

Attached Images Attached Images

OMGAWD that is WONDERFUL
    Love the contrast
    What pattern are you using?

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    WOW That should be worth a little housework.

I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Blog Entries
    All of the above. That is only a smallpart of what that quilt is worth. Priceless.

Banned
    It's from French Braid Quilts by Jane Hardy Miller. It looks intimidating but it's actually very very easy! I have another one halfway done in southwest colors in bali hand-dyed fabrics. Warning though: these quilts are addictive, you cannot make just one :mrgreen: The only thing that made me nervous was cutting the pointies off of the sides but I took 'em to my favorite quilt shop and the nice ladies helped me since they have those huge long cutting tables.

http://softexpressions.com/software/books/FrenchBrd.php

Yeah, just give another bottle of Crown, give him a couple of drinks, and then inform him you can finish his quilt if he takes care of the house (cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, etc.)!! :wink:

Blog Entries
    Thats too funny...I have my DH's quilt sitting in a chair and I keep side tracking to ohhhh soooo many other things. Mine keeps asking about the progress on his too :roll: You'd think I had already "given" it to him and he actually had some say in when he gets to play with it......!!! :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to get your IRR center btw...that is one more thing that will get in the way of finishing DH's quilt :wink:

Banned
    oh there's no hurry on it Sandpat. if I don't get all the leaves done, it's going to go in the mail on Friday anyways:)

mgshaw - he might notice that she is not working on His quilt but after the liquer he won't care.....then again if she has one with him,she won't care about all that housework either.......

Banned
    lol...I can't even finish half a beer let alone a mixed drink! I just don't like alcohol. Give me Dr. Pepper or a good pot of coffee and I'm happy.

I'm with you babeegirl. And right about now, is when I make a cup of hot cocoa.

Banned
    oh Gail! did you see the new General Foods International coffee flavor for the holidays? Peppermint Mocha! I put a note up on my office door for the Crown Royal bags and got at least 50 or 60 from other employees, then I got the other 200 bags off of ebay. I ordered a special bag directly from Crown Royal for the quilt label.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    Sure. Just tell him he has to do the cooking and cleaning so you can quilt. Sounds like a win win to me. :)
    theres a good answer..... :lol:

YUM, babeegirl !! I love peppermint anything and I love mocha anything, so the two flavors together must be to die for. Some mornings (or evenings, for that matter) I pour myself a cup of java and drop in an envelope of hot cocoa mix. Whir it up, and it's delicious mocha. I'll have to drop in a couple drops of peppermint oil next time. I'll be on the lookout for the GFI coffees. Thanks. :lol:

Blog Entries
    i think it's time to put the rest aside and work on his. :wink:

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    my DH keeps asking how his quilt is coming too....it's still in the bag! I say finish your fiance's as soon as possible then you can play under it together! :wink:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i think it's time to put the rest aside and work on his. :wink:
    I'm going to do just that patrice:) I got the room pretty much cleared out of all the stuff. My stash is now downstairs. I picked up that Brother sewing machine at a garage sale this weekend so I don't have to take his off the Janome once I get started on it. I can now move my 2 tables together for a big enough work space to hold the quilt. Everything just came together this weekend pretty darn good, even if I worked myself silly today lol.