Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I may be traumatized >

I may be traumatized

I may be traumatized

Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM

I have to put my two cents in. I know I am old when I talk about my first phone # having letters to start it. Also, I have celebrated the 21st anniversary of my 29th birthday and that is the way I say it to everyone. Gets students thinking to figure out my age.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChildoftheUniverse
I hate when that happens! Walking through an "antique" store the other day with my grandson was a real eye opener... how could that stuff from MY childhood be called, or even be in an antique store for that matter, antique??? I'll think about that at my kickboxing class tonight! =)
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 AM

Welcome to the club. When I worked at the emergency room of our local hospital, I picked up a patient's chart and noted the date of birth. They were born the year I graduated from high school. Imagine my chagrine when they turned out to be adults! The nerve.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 AM

I know what you mean. When I turned 55 I saw that I could order from the Senior section on the menu at Bob Evans. Almost cried! :shock: :lol:
Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Originally Posted by SherriB
I feel so very old when I go to antique shops with DH and DD and see toys that DH and I played with. I feel even older when younger DD doesn't know what a dial phone is. LOL!
I know what you mean about the dial phone. A friend of mine and I were walking in Gaitlinburg with her 10 yr old and we came upon a pay phone. Gabby say's "So that is what a pay phone looks like." LOL Oh my how that made me feel old.
I went with my daughter's class to a museum where there was a dial phone. One of the kids asked, "How are you supposed to call someone when there are no buttons?" I had to show them how to use the rotary dial. Now that made me feel old and I'm only 45 now and my daughter's 18 now.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM

I just found out that I graduated from high school "mid-century" so I know just how you feel!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM

I am getting a laugh out of all the responses. Funny because I don't realize how "long ago" it was either when I was "younger". I have 2 teen aged girls sho remind me that mom, that was longer ago than you think.

Here is a funny story. On my last birthday I spent the entire day thinking about what a boring age 47 is. I was going on and on about it being so close to 50 and so far away from 40. As I continued this rant while having dinner with my parents, my dad looked at my mom and said: "Isn't she 46" and then to me : "I think you're 46". I stopped for a minute to think, and yes, he was right! I had been living my entire year of 45 thinking I was 46. Yahoo, it was a happy birthday to me.

However, It just proves that age is all in the mind. (okay sometimes my body feels it , but what the heck)
Old 03-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Hey, I feel your pain -- to the max! I turned 72 this year, and I'm feeling great (a little achy some times, but hey!), still teaching quilting which I love to do, still quilting daily and am getting to enjoy watching my beautiful grandchildren grow up! God is good!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chicagoshar
I just found out that I graduated from high school "mid-century" so I know just how you feel!
OH YEAH - 1952 H.S. grad - when I went to my 50 Yr. reunion I thought "WOW I'M OLD".....& NOW IT'S 59 YRS. LATER - now this IS OLD!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 AM

I'm glad I'm 61. When I was 50 I didn't have time or know-how to quilt! Just buried Dad at 96, Mom is 94. Grandparents were close to 100 when they passed. I hope I have as much time and energy so I can KEEP QUILTING!