Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: I may be traumatized

Wait until your medicare card arrives in the mail it's like you know what's in the envelope and when you open it I felt older than an antique even tho I don't feel my age some days and then their are the other days. Stay 39 forever if I knew then what I know now wow.

I am doing the Jack Benny thing, I stay 39 for a while. Jeezelouise, I have been 39 for 15 years now. hehe

Blog Entries
    * * * The bright side is * * * you should now start asking for senior citizen discounts - there are so many diifferent age qualifications for this depending on where you shop - age does have its advantages!

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna.425
    I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.
    i don't need to hear the 50 year thing-----------sticking quilt scraps in my ears!
    Lalalalalalalala...

Blog Entries
    In Oklahoma you can get a license plate for your car that says "Antique" if it's 25 years old. Boy I'm really old, but I'm still running on all 8 cylinders.

I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.
    Wait until you are 81! and I WAS in my 30s fifty years ago! and stuff kept being invented! LAL (LAUGHED AND LAUGHED!)

Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    I feel so very old when I go to antique shops with DH and DD and see toys that DH and I played with. I feel even older when younger DD doesn't know what a dial phone is. LOL!
    I tried to explain to my granddaughter what a record album was.....finally just said it is like a great big CD.

I went to the Dallas quilt show recently and didn't realize until later when I was sorting my purse that I had been charged the senior rate, although I am 2 years too young for the posted cut-off. I didn't notice at the time because I didn't remember what the ticket price was supposed to be (a senior moment, no doubt). I don't know if I'm happy to have saved that dollar.

When I go to "antique" stores, almost everything seems like a flash-back to my youth. Sigh. I tell myself that there just aren't a lot of real antiques in Texas because almost nobody lived here before air conditioning. Seriously, to be an antique, doesn't it have to be at least a hundred years old, unless it's a car? "Vintage" just means "old enough that most have been pitched".

Blog Entries
    You are using bad language now i'm 57 be 58 in April. I know what you mean about being 30 my body is worn but in my head i'm 30.

Blog Entries
    Honey, if you're vintage, I don't want to know what I am!

Blog Entries
    Age is only a number for some. Attitude and a little white lie are much better. I refuse to get older (dreadful word).
    As I have every intention of staying here until my number say 90 I have to keep a young attitude.
    Antique and vintage are not the same thing. One would hope to be worth quite a bit by the time we reach antique status.

Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    Just like fine wine, we are better aged. :lol:
    Very true after all we age our stash to the right degree before using it too don't we? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I think the rule is still 100 years old for an antique and 30 to 50 years old for collectibles and 50 to 100 years old for vintage.

I've noticed a whole lot of ebay sellers don't really have a clue what they're talking about.
    Hey at least we can say we are collectibles. :)

Blog Entries
    The worst moment for me was having the music on as I sew, and having my DD ask "Why are you listening to that 'old' music"? Aerosmith and Queen are old????? I think I need a nap. :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    i don't need to hear the 50 year thing-----------sticking quilt scraps in my ears!
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriB
    I feel so very old when I go to antique shops with DH and DD and see toys that DH and I played with. I feel even older when younger DD doesn't know what a dial phone is. LOL!
    You mean toys that don't make all kinds of noise. Real toys. Not electronics :?

Ifeel and act like 40. till I stand up.

Yes, I've celebrated my 50th 10 times. good idea.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5