Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I met a stalker today >

I met a stalker today

I met a stalker today

Old 04-12-2010, 04:07 AM

I'm not always sure it is the best to put our pictures out front.Some people are innocent and then there are those who form an unhappy opinion because you might have made a statement they didn't like.Sorry to say, there are to many of those kinds out there.I like to think well of everyone but afraid experiance has taught me to be careful.Let's hope all quilters are good people.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by b.zang
I think I would refer to her as a lurker, not a stalker!
:)
Yes, you are right, I should have said lurker instead of stalker adn would change the topic title here, but don't know how.
If someone knows how to change it please let me know.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

There is a spot above wher it says quilting forum and main that says something like edit topic or something similar. You can change it there.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by D'Marie
I'm not always sure it is the best to put our pictures out front.Some people are innocent and then there are those who form an unhappy opinion because you might have made a statement they didn't like.Sorry to say, there are to many of those kinds out there.I like to think well of everyone but afraid experiance has taught me to be careful.Let's hope all quilters are good people.
My thoughts, exactly. Although I am continually impressed with how nice quilters are, there are always nuts in paradise! If you read anything about what not to do on blogs, and such, they all say not to include any information that might allow someone to track you down in person. That includes photos that show details about where you live, etc. That said, I would truly miss seeing many of the photos I've seen here!! :thumbup: But, do be careful!

That said, here's a picture of a daffodil that popped up in the middle of my back yard. Squirrel must have re-planted it. There it sits, in the middle of all the debris from this winter's storms. Of course, I should be careful -- someone might locate me by identifying the pine cones! :D

Free spirit daffodil
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54669[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54669.jpe  
Old 04-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

Beauty can be found just about anywhere you look.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:26 PM

I feel you. I work at large home improvement store. A customer looked at me yesterday and said I recognize you. After I had listed my previous employers, she said are you a quilter? I said of course. We had been at the same quilt show a few weeks earlier.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM

You guys know the shopper joined quiltingboard. Right? I think it was Sunday. Her post title is "I'm the stalker". We all worry so much about our privacy and safety. Remember the days of the MaBell Telephone book. Name, address, telephone number and what you ate for supper.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

I saw her on here too.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by flflower
Well i have a story to tell. I meet a gal on here who said she lived in Fl. in the winter and in Wi. in the summer and she only lives 15 miles from me in Fl. and we have become best friends. In Wi. she only lives a few miles from me so you know what we will be doing this summer. How cool is that.
Too cool. Hope you gals have so much fun!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Originally Posted by sewgull
Nice to be recognized.

By the way how did the visit go?
Short and good. Since I was at work and we were busy with a lot going on we didn't get time to chat a lot. I know she does purses though, and mentioned my Bible Cover! She needed grommets for her purses, which I walked her to and handed her the two colors we had. It's always fun to be able to have what the customer is looking for! (Doesn't always happen)
I know what you mean. i was in Walmart yesterday and they didn't have the photo cube for the "Ultimate Pincushion" you shared with all of us on this site recently. :cry: :cry:

Did you post a Bible cover on this site? I would love to have that pattern. Linda