Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need Help :o >

I need Help :o

I need Help :o

Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Look, I've been married almost 22 years.....just recently I signed a check with my maiden name. WTH??? I have no idea where that came from..........so, yes, the new year and time change completely mess with my head! :)
And what name was that??? MMMMMM???
Inquiring mind wants to know.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Banned

So, see? I'm up and on here bright and early on a Sunday morning looking for pictures since I know you're quilting on it..........and there's nothing.........what a disappointment....
Old 05-02-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
One more step finished. The white border, it sets the tree branch into the total picture quite well. I am happy with how it turned out. I realy didn't have any more of an idea than the dragon on the black and gray print. After that I just cut and sewed fabric. Any Ideas on what to use and a design to quilt this. Would be great.
BTW the size of this thing is 72" tall and 87" wide.
Maybe I went a little overboard for the first one,,,,
BUT it's to late now.
The more I look at it..........I can say I realy like it.....
Thanks to all of you that hepled me do this.
I don't think it will be my last.........
I just wanted to let you know that DH and I both love your Asian Dragon quilt. The flowers really make the quilt pop, at least to me. Are the flowers cotton? They look somewhat like wool or felt.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:34 PM

The flowers are made out of some leftover felt from a small design board I made (c pics). I have completed quilting the dragon square, with all of thoes swerilly Qs. WEW! When I did the dragon it was alot smaller than it is now. It is quite heaver that then. makes it hard for me to move it around as easy as the smaller pieces I've done.

center square done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36536[/ATTACH]

design board with flower templates (freez paper)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36537[/ATTACH]

close up of flower. I like the way they stand out from the background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36538[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36536.jpe   attachment-36537.jpe   attachment-36538.jpe  
Old 05-02-2010, 04:05 PM

A few more pictures. can see the loftyness of the double thickness of cotton batting under the dragon. and the way the flowers stick out from the background.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36761.jpe   attachment-36762.jpe   attachment-36763.jpe  
Old 05-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Banned

OK, well that settles it. I will send you all of my future quilts and you can do the quilting, k? Thanks!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:30 PM

OK, well that settles it. I will send you all of my future quilts and you can do the quilting, k? Thanks!
Don't send them. Bring them. that way we can meet and talk quilts the whole time it takes me to do it. This typing is alot harder than talking, not to mention the spelling..... I've been thinking about getting a software program that I talk into a mic and it types it out for me. After all I am consitered handicapped. I got the paper to take to DMV to get a crip plate, from the Dr. Waven't got it yet. Hey! that way I could be on here and sew at the same time.... YA! that's it. multitasking that's the ticket.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

OK well that means I better get a few done first..... and if you were on here AND quilting at the same time you'd never get anything else done. Ever. Wait. That's not necessarily a bad thing....

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
Don't send them. Bring them. that way we can meet and talk quilts the whole time it takes me to do it. This typing is alot harder than talking, not to mention the spelling..... I've been thinking about getting a software program that I talk into a mic and it types it out for me. After all I am consitered handicapped. I got the paper to take to DMV to get a crip plate, from the Dr. Waven't got it yet. Hey! that way I could be on here and sew at the same time.... YA! that's it. multitasking that's the ticket.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:04 PM

WOW!!! Look spectacular. Are the flowers just batting? Do you puddle your quilt or roll it when you quilt? I always puddle it and seems to help deal with the weight.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:24 PM

I really like the dimensional look of the flowers and dragon. And the swirly quilting in the background was the perfect choice. This is really looking cool.