Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I opened my big mouth...and sold a quilt >

I opened my big mouth...and sold a quilt

I opened my big mouth...and sold a quilt

Old 07-15-2009, 01:26 PM

What fun! Design, create and get paid! The baby and family will love it!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Very nice...You should desighn and sell patterns :D
Old 07-15-2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by gcathie
you go girl!!...:-)

That is wonderful and fun! That's real talent, don't you forget it!!!
Hugs,
Sharon
Old 07-15-2009, 02:59 PM

That is just sew adorable! Can't wait to see it finished!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skeat
How cute!! And, what a keepsake!! Now sandpat, I haven't read thru all the notes on this...but, here's what I'd suggest...add a piece of something light and 3D over the top of her skirt now...w/o taking anything apart...bet everyone will be peeking underneath!LOL And, of course they will see more shoes:)Don't worry about even eyes...a great fix is highlights!! Can embrod. thread them on. If you took a sewing pin w/metal back...stuck it in a pencil eraser, then touched paint, then barely touched a piece of paper...you'd have the idea of size and how easy!:)Do 2..one larger then the other. Could candlewick the highlights too. If you need to add some softness to her eyes still after highlights...can, make 2 simple eyelashes out of the outside corners of her eyes.

I love it!! I love it just like it is!! Skeat
Skeat, what great ideas! I had thought that I would do a little white thread meandering on the green part under the skirt to make it look frilly. I love the idea of the peeping under her skirt...hmmm...how do I do it with something that would stand up to washing? Since this is sold before I even made it..I'd hate to give her something that wouldn't wash well. I had planned on the hightlights in the eyes..but with either french knots of just sewing small dots. Her eyebrows are really arched. I'm doing her face tonight..maybe I can post her face tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for the compliments...she is starting to come together and its a lot of fun working on her. I'll do better with the boy since this is a learning experience :oops:
Old 07-15-2009, 06:47 PM

How CUTE is that???? I love it!!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Originally Posted by Skeat
How cute!! And, what a keepsake!! Now sandpat, I haven't read thru all the notes on this...but, here's what I'd suggest...add a piece of something light and 3D over the top of her skirt now...w/o taking anything apart...bet everyone will be peeking underneath!LOL And, of course they will see more shoes:)Don't worry about even eyes...a great fix is highlights!! Can embrod. thread them on. If you took a sewing pin w/metal back...stuck it in a pencil eraser, then touched paint, then barely touched a piece of paper...you'd have the idea of size and how easy!:)Do 2..one larger then the other. Could candlewick the highlights too. If you need to add some softness to her eyes still after highlights...can, make 2 simple eyelashes out of the outside corners of her eyes.

I love it!! I love it just like it is!! Skeat

Skeat, what great ideas! I had thought that I would do a little white thread meandering on the green part under the skirt to make it look frilly. I love the idea of the peeping under her skirt...hmmm...how do I do it with something that would stand up to washing? Since this is sold before I even made it..I'd hate to give her something that wouldn't wash well. I had planned on the hightlights in the eyes..but with either french knots of just sewing small dots. Her eyebrows are really arched. I'm doing her face tonight..maybe I can post her face tomorrow.

How bout some nylon netting or the tulle or eyelet?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Power Poster

What an amazing amount of talent appears on this board. I think your design is excellent....who knows where this will lead. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished quilt and the boy version too. Happy quilting.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 AM

That is really cute - can not wait to see the Boy!