Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sarah's Stars - Me and My Big Mouth!

A teacher once told me (and everyone else in the class) that I was vaccinated with a victrola needle! Must be true. I was so overcome with self pity about my work in stained glass windows, I offered to give you my pattern and template....Many "buddies" responded and I was happy to comply...

But, wait, I finally got in touch with the instructor of the class. It's her pattern and she politely refuses to let me post the pattern, or let me copy it (free) for everyone. She is a very nice, helpful lady but is concerned the pattern would get out of our hands to someone who would copyright it as theirs. I'm still crying in my iced tea.

Many thousand pardons...If I get her to change her mind, I'll let y'all know. Kindest regards. Sally

You did the right thing by asking her first. You don't have a big mouth, just a big heart that wants to share with her friends.

How much does she want to charge if we want to buy the pattern from her?

I will find out the particulars. Sally.

You've done the right thing and in my opinion, so has she!

mac
    Hi Sally,

I know how you feel. When I was a kid I always got a check in the "Does Extremely Well" box under 'shares information well.' So I really loved the 'victrola needle' version of 'shares information well'. Have you ever said anything out loud without realizing that you did and had to ask everyone listening "Were my lips moving when I said that?" LOL

I am sure that everyone understands about the author not wanting you to share the pattern with others. I think it was very smart of you to ask her first. What if you didn't and she found it on this website with your name on the message? That would have been really, really embarrassing.

This is the best website that I have ever visited. It makes me really happy to visit this site everyday to see what everybody else is up to...and the jokes are great, too.

I hope the instructor will be able to copyright her pattern soon. It's a great quilt and she's entitled to some recognition and with any luck some $$'s for her design.
    Maybe when she's copyright protected she might consider teaching the class 'online' at the board. Hope you convey to her how many here loved the quilt!