Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I ran away from home today. >

I ran away from home today.

I ran away from home today.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:53 AM

I didn't know. I often wonder when I'm at JoAnn's (which isn't very often anymore since our little LQS opened in New Iberia) or Hobby Lobby if any of our QB members are in there at the same time as I am. We should wear some type of badge or something -- maybe a bit bow in our hair. Only kidding, of course.
I was at my not-usual Jo-Ann's today, and the woman who cut my fabric for me (I'm sorry, i can't remember your name, but it was just after opening today, at the Greenfield, WI superstore and i was the younger gal with the muggle teeshirt, if you see this) is apparently on here, i mentioned that i was collecting fabric to do the DJ quilt-a-long and, shes had seen the thread about it, it was cool.

kinda like meeting people from my knitting site (ravelry) in random places too.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:01 PM

Running away from home is good for everyone. I do it for a weekend all by myself at least once every other year! I go for my in laws cabin and only take the dog with me. I watch chick flicks, sew and read long into the night with no guilt! I think it is a good refresher for myself and my hubby realizes how much I do around here! Good for every woman who takes care of herself too!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM

I just did it on Monday. I am in the process of leaving my 9.5 year job. I quit - it was my choice, but the training of the new person has been extremely emotionally draining - mentally hard... and I am just tired... I left my boys in bed on Monday morning and just went shopping - went to Barnes and Noble (had to get a couple of reading books for them for school), went to McDonalds for a needed coke and some not so needed French fries :) - and on to WalMart for some other things - including a trip to the fabric dept. Found some nice fabrics for a table runner - but there was no one in the dept cutting that day - :( so I just headed towards the 30 minute wait in line and went on home. Later one of my ds's asked me, "Where did you go all day on Monday?" I had gotten home at 11:30 - hardly 'all day' - but just enough... :)
Old 08-26-2009, 07:04 PM

I am so ready to run away from home, I asked my hubby today if he wants to go with me, cuz I am going. Sometime soon! I plan to have a wonderful time with or without him! I am sure it will involve quilt shops on the road, he might be a bit board! So I may have to go myself, oh if that is what I got to do, then I just got to do it! :lol:
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 AM

nope.. you're not alone!! I too would love to run away from home from time to time.... sounds like you had a fabulous day for yourself! mmmm an Italian buffet. Me likey!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
I run away once a month for a few hours to the quilt shop. But what I'd really like is for the rest of the family to run away for a day or two. Then I'd have the house to myself and no interruptions when sewing unless I want to take a break! :D

When I'm really stressed after work or just a bad day, I love to sit and sew. In a very short time, I'm relaxed and it helps tremendously!
Sweetie ran away from home for a week last week. He and his best bud went on a guy's only cheesy vacay trip to Vegas!!!! He came home Friday afternoon. I was happy to see him when he came home, but it was nice to have to house to oneself for a week.