Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Spy quilt quest >

I Spy quilt quest

I Spy quilt quest

Old 11-19-2011, 05:08 PM

Fay, what pattern is the first quilt? I like both of your quilts. I want to start working on one for my granddaughter.
Denise
Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

I really like this quilt pattern!
Have you thought about posting in the trade section of the board?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 AM

Denise,
Couldn't put my hands on the pattern without more digging. I will keep your name and try to PM you when I find it. It's actually a simple design using 6" squares (cut size, not finished size) and 6x3" sashing strips, then the triangles on the end of each sashing strip to make the stars. 3X3" squares for the center of the stars. The trick is the outer border, which only has triangles on 1 end of the sashing strips. I've gotten a little overzealous with the triangle step and had to buy more fabric!

Originally Posted by denidesigns View Post
Fay, what pattern is the first quilt? I like both of your quilts. I want to start working on one for my granddaughter.
Denise
Old 11-20-2011, 06:49 PM

Thanks ,Fay. No rush for it . You have given me ideas of needed size of fabric so I can start collecting fabrics.
Denise
Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 PM

I have some fabric I can send too, just got two I Spy quilts done and finishing up the third for Christmas. So you need boy or girl or does it matter? I have mostly boys. Just pm me with your address, may be after Thanksgiving before I can get them in mail.

Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
I saw this really cute I Spy quilt here - http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot...-festival.html
I would love to make it and have gone through my stash finding fun fabrics to use in this quilt. My gosh, there are so many needed. I know it will take me forever. Does anyone know a site where they would have a mix of picture fabric that could be used for this quilt? I thought about charm packs, but this quilt asks for 6 inch squares. I thought I would look for panels that had varying pictures to add to my collection. I like this quilt because the design is more complex than just the squares. Any suggestions?