Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think I am a "Blanket maker" >

I think I am a "Blanket maker"

I think I am a "Blanket maker"

Old 04-25-2010, 08:58 PM

all my quilts are hand quilted and used every winter.I won't
make a quilt I can't use.So what ever you come up with don't be afraid to use it.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:15 PM

I have learned to not judge my work until the quilt has been washed and dried. I looks so much better them.

Sharon
Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
No one is going to tell you that it didn't turn out right but yourself. If you are happy with it, then it is just fine.
Amen.
You are a quiltmaker, for sure.
Afterall, (say it along with me, folks) "It's YOUR quilt!"
Old 04-26-2010, 01:27 AM

We are our own worst critic. Nobody sees the mistakes unless we point them out.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by renee765
I'm with you! I have never made a perfect quilt, and never will. But my little quirks in each quilt are what makes them mine.
I agree, there are no quilt police.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 AM

All of my quilts are to be used and if each one is a little different.... oh well on to the next one.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:05 AM

All of my work is extremely flawed! I haven't been quilting very long, and see every mistake. Even tho I'm not overly happy with them, I know the more I do, the better I will get. You should see the first quilt top I attempted to make for my DGD, it was my first time quilting. I was so unhappy with it that it has never been finished! Boy, have I learned so much since then! Just keep quilting.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:54 AM

I have the same problems. I think I enjoy quilting too much to take so much time to do it perfect. I want to create and not spend months doing it.

However, I have found a product that helps when putting the layers together and quilting thorugh them.

It is a adhesive spray. Completely repositionable. disappears after first washing, but holds layers together well enough that they don't shift while you are quilting (even machine quilting)
Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by kclausing
I have the same problems. I think I enjoy quilting too much to take so much time to do it perfect. I want to create and not spend months doing it.

However, I have found a product that helps when putting the layers together and quilting thorugh them.

It is a adhesive spray. Completely repositionable. disappears after first washing, but holds layers together well enough that they don't shift while you are quilting (even machine quilting)
Is this a basting spray? I use one, also repositionable, when I am going to quilt a lapquilt myself. Never have a problem with it. I have a very small apt and have to use the floor area to make the sandwich. The basting spray makes it so much easier. The bed sized quilts I take the LAQer. She does the sandwich and quilting.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by kclausing

I love *505* spray. Couldn't find my can the other day and had to go buy a can of June Taylor Spray. Cheaper yes, but Yuk, hate the smell. If I had to pin my quilt sandwiches together instead of spray basting...I think I would find another hobby. Quick..Easy..Done is my motto! :lol: