Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I was told to build my stash...

Power Poster
    Wow. Bring him with you to carry your loot.

Power Poster
    Have fun shopping.

Run, don't walk to the nearest fabric store, before he changes his mind. LOL

Dee
    You go girl. Have fun and stock up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    Thank goodness my fabric stash is in cupboards with doors on them. If my husband could see my stash he would freak. I know I have way to much.
    IMO one can never have "too big a stash". :wink: And In this economic climate, we need to be safely storing fabric n thread for ourselves and our children's usage. If children should :cry: turn out to not LOVE fabric and quilting, then we in our old age will still have plenty of GOOD quality cottons to use for our own pleasure :wink:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    just so you know fabric.com is having a HUGE sale.. 3.95 and 4.95 a yard. :D
    Wish we could feel fabric online; would then feel more confident about buying.

Blog Entries
    I'm giving your DH our phone number so he can talk to mine and run that idea by him ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge L.
    When my DH was living, he was the one to suggest that I get a different machine when he thought the present one was in the repair shop too often. On coming backing from a shopping, the 1st question was, "Well, how much material did you get this time?" This was all said w/ a grin while hiding behind the paper. If I said not one thing, he'd ask if I was sick. LOL God, I miss that man.
    ((Hugs))

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
    When my DH was living, he was the one to suggest that I get a different machine when he thought the present one was in the repair shop too often. On coming backing from a shopping, the 1st question was, "Well, how much material did you get this time?" This was all said w/ a grin while hiding behind the paper. If I said not one thing, he'd ask if I was sick. LOL God, I miss that man.
    ((Hugs))
    I'm sorry you lost him. He truly sounds like he was a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    Quote Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
    ((Hugs))
    I'm sorry you lost him. He truly sounds like he was a gem.
    I also had a gem of a DH. He would spot quilt stores a mile off when we were traveling and pull in before I could say anything. He always carried a book with him so he could sit and read and always told me to take my time and that he enjoyed seeing me so happy buying fabric! I am sure there is a special place for them in quilter's heaven!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3