Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wanna CRY....any suggestions? >

I wanna CRY....any suggestions?

I wanna CRY....any suggestions?

Old 10-31-2013, 05:16 AM

I think this looks great and wouldn't worry about it. You will be the only one that notices.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:34 AM

It can be gotten off...but why not just add more to the green sashing & over each red ribbon?

You could heat the area, pull off the appliques, and then lay a sheet of plain white copy paper over the spot, and heat it...and pull it off... over and over New paper each time. I think others said goo gone will remove the remainder, if any.

For me...I'd call it done as is...no quilt should be perfect anyhows.

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
I made this wall hanging & was so pleased with how it turned out. Today I was happily starting to quilt it and was liking how the quilting was looking and then I saw it...I have appliqued the holly leaves & berries in the wrong spot. They're supposed to be over the green sashing. What do I do? Taking the quilting out will be a pain, but I can do that. Will it hurt the fabric to tear the leaves & berries off? I used ironed on fusible. I'm just sick. Please let me know if there is a special way to take the fused piece off. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 AM

I made this wall hanging & was so pleased with how it turned out. Today I was happily starting to quilt it and was liking how the quilting was looking and then I saw it...I have appliqued the holly leaves & berries in the wrong spot. They're supposed to be over the green sashing. What do I do? Taking the quilting out will be a pain, but I can do that. Will it hurt the fabric to tear the leaves & berries off? I used ironed on fusible. I'm just sick. Please let me know if there is a special way to take the fused piece off. Thanks!
Since you used a fusible, I'd let it go. And if anyone asks you can tell them your's is unique. Everyone else followed the pattern.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 AM

Just put another one over that green sashing. It will look like the one over the ornament was meant to be there to help hanging it. And no one will know the difference.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:42 AM

I hope you post the whole quilt when you are finished - I want to see it. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:59 AM

I like this suggestion--
Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Why not put some berries and leaves on the end bauble and on the sashing. This will then indicate the top.you could doa line of leaves and berries along the top joining them all together.
Can we see all this fantastic quilt.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

well, you've had a lot of replies about how it looks just fine.
Think about it like this: it never bothered you while you were doing it.
When I first opened the thread, i looked at the picture first, nothing "bothersome" there, and then read the message.
I had to look again to see what the problem was.
Lol, (with you), we are our own worst critics. I think your suffering from the same thing that gets me.
"I know it's not RIGHT", and I wanted it to look like the original project.
Oh dear me, we do take our craft so seriously sometimes don't we?
I'm sure in your shoes I'd be doing what your doing too...whether it's "fine" or not.
I wonder if I'll ever recover from this, 'whatever it is', in my personality.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:44 AM

No one will notice but you. I think trying to take them off would be a mistake. I liked the suggestion someone posted about adding more leaves and berries if you think it would look better. Cut a few out and just place them to see if you feel better. I like the quilt just the way it is.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

stuff happens! Don't tell and I bet no one notices
Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 AM

Only God is perfect.If this is a mistake it is a lovely one.