Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wanna sewing table!!!! >

I wanna sewing table!!!!

I wanna sewing table!!!!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:32 AM

This exact cabinet is sold on Walmart.com and right now it's $119. I've seen it in person and it is quite nice - lots of storage and comes in different colors/finishes! I personally use a garage sale freebie that the woman was putting to the curb at the end of the day!! Her husband even helped me load it into my truck!! Right place at the right time - gotta love it!
Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
My friend just bought this one. She likes it. Shop around, I did see it on sale once. http://www.wayfair.com/Sauder-Sewing...FeaDQgody2oA2Q

Last edited by Debbie C; 09-22-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:59 AM

There is tables and nice sewing machines at hsn.com. They also have flex=pay. I have a sew-ezi and I love it.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
My friend just bought this one. She likes it. Shop around, I did see it on sale once. http://www.wayfair.com/Sauder-Sewing...FeaDQgody2oA2Q
I have that same sewing table. Did not know it comes in black.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1 View Post
I have 2 of these tables in my studio! I love them. I am a pedal to the metal kind of sewer. They are sturdy and I get no chatter or jumping with them. I am thinking of bying the sewezi table for my featherweight esp when I teach r take classes. As I have a dedicated quilt studio I did not need to hide my sewing or quilting items. Luann in CT
http://www.sewperfecttables.com/
this is the table i have my janome in also. i love it. really stable. the plastic tables will wabble when you get to really sewing unless you place a board under your sewing machine.
i really like my sewing machine sitting right down INTO the table. but the idea about purchasing a old table then cutting a hole, and sitting your machine down into it was great. i just wanted something i could order, set up, and use, without my busy husband having to 'remake'. wish i had have gotton the 'sew perfect' table yrs ago. a little pricey, soooooooo handy.

Last edited by sewNso; 09-22-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:51 AM

We put 2 inexpensive (used) dressers that were the height I was looking for back to back then DH used 3/4" plywood to make a top. He used a piano hinge to extend it another 2 feet that I can put up when I am cutting and down when I don't need the extra cutting space. I love having the drawers underneath. Luckily I have room for this kind of set up.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:34 AM

This is the one I have and since I need it to close up when not in use, as it is in my laundry/sewing room, it is perfect. We also have one of these in our "quilting room" at church that we all like. Fortunately it was much less when we purchased these. The price was a closeout at $79.00. The price today is still a good one for what it is and it is made well.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by awf60 View Post
I need a sewing table! I'm tired of setting things up on the kitchen table every time I want to sew. Any recommendations on sewing tables you've purchased or built?
I have a door that was about $40. I put it on top of those plastic storage cabinets that have wood on the top. Since it's 6 feet long, it's great for sewing and cutting.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by awf60 View Post
I need a sewing table! I'm tired of setting things up on the kitchen table every time I want to sew. Any recommendations on sewing tables you've purchased or built?
There are very nice 6 ft long sturdy white plastic ones at Staples and other office supply places. The legs fold out and if it is not needed for a while it can lean against a wall. Go take a look. (they also come in a 4 ft length)
Old 09-22-2012, 06:52 AM

Old reliable wood door with legs adjusted just for you!! You can find unfinished doors at the big box stores and paint it whatever color you like.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

This is what I am describing. I love mine!
Attached Thumbnails sewing-table.gif