Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want to cry my eyes out :'-( >

I want to cry my eyes out :'-(

I want to cry my eyes out :'-(

Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM

Thanks ladies! my customer told me to just use the extra side fabric backing and sew onto the bottom to lengthen it, so I did, it wasn't as terrible as I thought.

I now have another twin quilt for a different customer....laid it out on the floor and it only has 1.5 inches of extra backing on all edges! I immediately told my customer the issue with doing that and its very risky and very well may end up short when I get to the bottom....she is fully aware she needed more backing but said just try my best...so I will but it may be tricky, I have not done a twin size with flannel backing, not sure how flannel acts if it stretches more or not at all etc...so we shall see...I am going to have to keep this one as straight as possible! but if it does come up short, its not my fault, and she is fully aware about it haha...not gonna stress it...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 AM

So why are you so upset she didn't give you enough material and it she has no more them all a piece to the top and bottom or a piece up the middle and across the middle to make the back differend. Don't get upset over this and yes quilt for others. You are a blessing when you can do something for someone that can't
Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Delta View Post
So why are you so upset she didn't give you enough material and it she has no more them all a piece to the top and bottom or a piece up the middle and across the middle to make the back differend. Don't get upset over this and yes quilt for others. You are a blessing when you can do something for someone that can't
This was a two different customers...the one that gave me the flannel one I was able to make it work. But the gal that gave me the bear paw quilt it was more of an issue. I learned with the 2nd gal to let her know right away what can happen of material is not the required extra inches what can happen.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:59 AM

Just did it!! Only I was lucky. I only had about an inch too short. What does the backing look like. I have a lot of older fabric. I might have some.