Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a cutting table!!! >

I want a cutting table!!!

I want a cutting table!!!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
There are lots of options for cutting tables, depending on the space you have and your budget. I got two inexpensive bookcases from Staples and laid a solid core door on top. That gives me lots of room for cutting and stacking, and it's the perfect height for me. Others have found that their kitchen counter is the perfect height for cutting. I looked at the JoAnn's cutting tables, but they were smaller than I wanted and I thought they might be shaky. Others on the board have reported success with them.
I love this idea. I have Jo-Anns and it works great, however I never open it up because I don't have room. The book cases would give me more storage space. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM

When we renovated our bathroom DH saved the vanity, and turned it into a cutting table for me. He added casters and a laminate top. Only cost us a few dollars, and I have storage space as well.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0048.jpg   dsc_0050.jpg   dsc_0049.jpg   dsc_0047.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 AM

The first picture is of the cutting table my husband made for me. It's cut from a full sheet of plywood and he put a Formica top on it. And for "legs" he made a small bookshelf. It is standard kitchen counter height.

The second picture is the "JoAnn's table" and the only way to keep it from being wobbly is to fasten it to the wall in a few places.
Attached Thumbnails p9190003.jpg   p1220004.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 AM

My daughter has one but it seems a bit wobbly for me. I have laid one of those large folding cutting boards on my bed and used that. Now I use a small kitchen table in my sewing room or a 6' folding table I got at Freds for around $30. But mostly I use my Go! on whatever table I'm using.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:29 AM

I got the one from Joanns about a yr ago and love it. The one with the drop down sides. It's a good height. At first I thought it would be too high since I'm short but it works out really great. I used the coupon on it to save money. Go slow putting it together and don't tighten all of the screws of one section at once and you'll be fine. I had no problems except for not paying attention putting the rollers on; there are 8, 4 of one kind and 4 of another. Minor problem and easy enough to fix. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.