Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I went to my first quilt guild meeting and it was ... >

I went to my first quilt guild meeting and it was ...

I went to my first quilt guild meeting and it was ...

Old 06-11-2014, 02:53 AM

Sometimes it takes awhile "to break the ice." In my case, it was a matter of getting to know some members and them getting to know you. It took a few meetings and it was well worth it! It helps to get on the board as an officer (president, VP, secretary, treasurer, etc.) or serve on a committee. It is a neat way to get acquainted with even more members.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:03 AM

Glad you found a guild that fits, sometimes that hard to do.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:23 AM

Your new found guild does sound like a fun, active group....wish mine was like that...boring, nobody wants to do anything.....not re-upping next year...looking for a more creative group......
Old 06-11-2014, 04:47 AM

I miss my quilting guild from Texas. I was quite involved in it. Everyone worked together quite well and helped each other when needed. We had retreats, trips to quilt stores, quilt shows, and trips to the Houston Quilt Show, plus many other activities and "bees." The local guild where I now live is very large, so I haven't gone, although I was a member. We will be moving back to Texas when our house sells, but most likely not close enough to attend my old guild. But - once we move I hope to find one I can become involved in.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:57 AM

Yaay! I'm so glad you went and had fun! Looks like we've both lucked out with finding a good guild on the first try. The first class I've signed up for with my guild is next week and I'm super excited about it. I expect to have a great time and get to know some of the ladies better, and of course also learn some new stuff.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

Great! I can't wait to retire so I can check out local guilds... All in our area meet in the day...none at night :-(
Old 06-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I would think your LQS would know of local guilds. Just call them and see where the nearest guild is located.
Originally Posted by crafty-kid View Post
Nice...I have never been to one either! I don't even know where to find where they would be.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:39 AM

Two years ago I decided to attend a guild meeting at the local Presbyterian church. I knew no one. What a stroke of luck that was!!!! These women are motivated to do charity items, are all levels of quilting ability and accepted me from the git-go. They have made me an honorary Presbyterian as I am the only Catholic in the bunch. All I feel there is good will and giving. Lucky me.......
Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 AM

Glad that you had fun!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:48 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

I hope it continues to be great for you !! and you can stay with it for a long time .. Don't let the women sour you on your quilts and how you make things ..