Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for small projects to make for a craft fair

Blog Entries
    That's a good idea NikkiLu!! - especially if they are done in cute novelty fabric!

My grand daughter had me to make her a binder cover for her school binder--It was 1 1/2" and she loved it. I used tiger material as it was her favorite. Peace signs are really hot right now.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    just please remember if using a pattern to make sure the designer allows the items to made for resale! MOST do not!
    Even if it is a FREE pattern online, it might have restrictions. When in doubt always ask the designer!

One designer that I just love is Nancy Halvorsen! You know her ARt to Heart books...she allows to make up to 12 of EACH item in the book for resale! Those things sell fast too..especially out of the new Sew Necessary and Count on it books!

Kaye Wood also give a generous permission for her designs!

AND yes, if you use a purchased pattern like McCalls, etc. they have the biggest restrictions for resale out there!

Blog Entries
    [quote=jaciqltznok]just please remember if using a pattern to make sure the designer allows the items to made for resale! MOST do not!
    Even if it is a FREE pattern online, it might have restrictions. When in doubt always ask the designer!
    -------------------------------------------
    I was going to suggest pillows with children's favorite TV programs on them, SpiderMan and such. I don't think that would be doing wrong, I'll have to try to remember if I've seen them in craft sales. But this sounds like it's the Patterns themselves that are forbidden to be made in large amounts. Or any for sale at all?
    Places where kids are allowed should have child friendly crafts near, but out of their reach so they will ask Mom for it.

great ideas

Blog Entries
    One designer that I just love is Nancy Halvorsen! You know her ARt to Heart books...she allows to make up to 12 of EACH item in the book for resale! Those things sell fast too..especially out of the new Sew Necessary and Count on it books!
    ------------------------------
    Probably several people in a club or group could each make up 12 of them and sell them at different tables. Would that keep to the spirit of the agreement?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As with patterns, when using Licensed fabrics with children's themes on them, be sure to read the selvage edge now..most say NOT for resale on them! And they mean it...here in OK it is the colleges that crack down hard on craft show vendors that are not authorized to sell things that say OU or OSU on them...

bowls and boxes and candle mats

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Those crayon roll up travel things for kids are great!

Could you all show pics if you have them?Im not sure of some of the items you are talking about.Thankyou...Dori

Thanks for posting!

Blog Entries
    wow! all of those are a bunch of great ideas for a craft show, thanks for the ideas

not to forget, crocheted towel toppers, slippers, table toppers,

covers for books, so many things & ideas

modabakeshop.com has some wonderful ideas. I made a 6 pocket bag that is easy. Also simple bags to take to the grocery store etc.

How about checkbook covers or needle cases

bookmarks, sleep masks

Quote Originally Posted by granky
    How about those 'oven dresses' that someone was making? they're cute, and fairly simple...
    What are oven dresses? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Glasses cases,quick totes, make -up purses, soap hangers, toilet paper roll hangers, soap hangers, pommanders, covered coat - hangers, pin cushions, peg baskets or hangers, plastic bag caddies, laundry bags, drink coasters, fabric pins, fabric pendants or neck embellishments, macrame flower pot hangers,emboidered motifs.

Blog Entries
    First of all, I have to say I L O V E your avatar. I have two Airedales!
    How about making "cat mats". You just use small squares and make the whole thing 2 feet square. You can do the envelope whereby you sew it without a binding and turn it rightside out when you are done. Put a very light layer of batting and sprinkle a little catnip on the batting. This will go together quickly and bring you a fair price. The are popular here in the NE of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by angelahen
    Hi
    Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for small things I can make for a craft fair. they need to be relatively quick to make. Already have tissue cases, book covers, mug rugs butr more suggestions would be great.

thank you

Eyeglass cases, tissue holders, coasters, baked potato bags, cosmetic bags.
    Jo Ann

If it is a large craft fair, with many crafters, if they are able to shop too, I would make knitting needle holders. I made one with birds on it for my mom this year and I think it was her favorite gift. She does a lot of knitting in the car when she and dad are going back and forth to the weekend cabin.

Thread catchers are always a good seller at our boutiques, we put bird grit in the upper pin cushion to sharpen pins

Here are a couple pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I made some of these wine glass coasters/cozys for the boutique at our guild's quilt show. I sold about 1/2 of them, and had the remainders for Christmas gifts. They're pretty easy -- based on Stack-N-Whack. In fact, the instructions are on Bethany's web site: http://www.bethanyreynolds.com/coasters.html

Picture of one of mine
    Name:  Attachment-151174.jpe
Views: 145
Size:  89.4 KB

I have been collecting things off the internet for the last year. I print PDF files and save them in a file called boutique. I bet I have over a 100 things. book covers, aprons, I-Pad sleves, place mats the list goes on and on. Just serf the net and you will be all kind of things

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast