Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas for small projects to make for a craft fair

This is a relly great one you can use it at the machine or on the edge of your chair.

I got the prettiest Xmas gift from my RR buddy from Germany---a MUG RUG. Actually it's too nice to take a chance of spilling coffee on it. These are really cute and handy and quick to make.
    Good luck and Happy New Year, Kutnso

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Pin cushions, ornaments, cat nip bundles, little Christmas stockings to hold a small dog bone treat...

Blog Entries
    I make and love the hot pads made with the fabric sewn around clothesline rope. I use mine all the time. Another idea dishclothes with fabric sewn around the edges like binding. Mug rugs are very popular right now.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloonatic
    Thread catchers are always a good seller at our boutiques, we put bird grit in the upper pin cushion to sharpen pins
    I tried to download from the pic you posted, but cannot get it to come thru. Where does one find the pattern for this?? Thanks for putting this on the site.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    People moms in particular will ALWAYS spend money on our kids and love cute clothes for our err I mean their pets. Pet coats can be made from fleece and many are only 1 or 2 pcs patterns. easy and quick and can be embellished with bows, ribbons, buttons pockets etc

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    love these coasters; made some in 4th of july fabric, fall fabric and Christmas of course. love the pet clothes. 1 or 2 pc in the pattern and done!

Quote Originally Posted by mimisharon
    Quote Originally Posted by melslove
    Keychains, it was the only think i sold at my last craft fair.

http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Mer...?Screen=KEYFOB
    those are nice. Our gals made minature blocks, (stars, log cabins, etc.) Attached the key ring with a sewn bit of the binding and people couldn't get enough. We had people come by several times after we sold out wanting to buy more. We couldn't have our sewing machines in there, but we will next year!
    what price do you put on these? a wonderful idea

We sold out at $4 apiece

I made dozens of "Potato Bakers" for friends and family this year - they loved them. Be sure and use only cotton fabric, thread and batting. We use ours 4 -5 times per week.

My biggest quick to make seller are small-med. bags--known as pouch/cosmetic bags. Go to www.TipNut.com for lots of ideas. Pillowcases for kids go well...sports,ballerinas,construction,western,truc ks...you name it. No real need to personalize if you don't have emb. machine. Remember firefighters,EMTs, military,police, etc. BearPaw fabrics have good selection of themed fabrics. Make WonderWallets for kids out of cute fabric. I always try to remember..Would I buy this for my family and friends?

Can someone give an approximate price range you charge for these items? I don't want to overcharge but neither do I want to give it away. Thanks.

place mats are wonderful! and place mats that are dog or kitty themed to go under the food bowls - :)

I think that I paid $6.00 each for one of the potato bakers. One can download the instructions on the internet.

Hi, I made some small pillows out of fleece fabric. I cut the fabric 14 inches around sewed 1 1/2 from the cutting line. then stuffed them and cut fringe around the corners. I made them for my great grandsons and they loved them. Kids go to kindergarten or preschool and they are required to take a pillow for their nap. So this little pillows worked great. Hope this helps. Maria

polka dot pineapple has lots of ideas - I made the golf tee pincushion that sit on your spool of thread, which I think is easy and not a common thing.

What would you think about making "post cards" which can be mailed..... if you google this topic (quilted postcards) there are instructions for them. They are absolutely adorable. I wonder if youtube has a video about them?? I own a soft cover book which is all about making fabric quilted post cards.

snap purses are fun to make and go together fast and easy. if you have novelty scraps, even better.

business card holders are always great sellers and so easy to make from scraps.

Baby bibs and matching burpers are always a hot seller for me ... especially those embroidered with "I Love Grandma." :D

I made some dog toys, called them Flat Man Jack, (just a large gingerbread cookie shape I cut out of paper for the pattern.) Used old jeans for the top, fleece for the back. Sewed them around the outside edges and about 3/8 of an inch inside and kept sewing until all the toy was sewn which makes them hard for the dog to rip up. Also made a recipe of dog cookies (find them on the internet) and lots of people bought both. The remainder was given to the family dogs who were very pleased that there were leftovers. I think glitzy dog collars and spiffy leashes would go too. I once made mice out of an old gray sweatshirt and stuffed them with stuffing and catnip and added a leather shoestring piece for a tail. One lady bought one and was at the door the second day to buy all the rest of them. She said her cat went crazy and slept with its paws on the mouse. You just never know what will sell. Sometimes its one thing, and sometimes another. If you make it out of scraps you can't lose!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac
    I made some of these wine glass coasters/cozys for the boutique at our guild's quilt show. I sold about 1/2 of them, and had the remainders for Christmas gifts. They're pretty easy -- based on Stack-N-Whack. In fact, the instructions are on Bethany's web site: http://www.bethanyreynolds.com/coasters.html
    Wow! Those are so neat! Another idea - some really cute bibs, perhaps using simple colouring book shapes as appliques.

knotted doggy toys from scraps

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast