Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If I got paid for... >

If I got paid for...

If I got paid for...

Old 02-22-2011, 05:24 PM

OMG, I am laughing my very sober butt off at you. That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. At first, seeing the length of it, I decided to skim through it. I had to keep backing up to see what your latest dilemma was so I had to start at the top & read it all. I could just pix you at every step. Including your trips for more delicious drink.

I have just one question for you.

How the heck do you make homemade Bailey's? That has to be the best tasting stuff ever & I'm not much of a drinker either. I broke down & bought myself a bottle now that my husb. isn't here to do it for me. I keep forgetting it isn't orange juice. That bottle didn't last long. Now I use it as a vase.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
OMG, I am laughing my very sober butt off at you. That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. At first, seeing the length of it, I decided to skim through it. I had to keep backing up to see what your latest dilemma was so I had to start at the top & read it all. I could just pix you at every step. Including your trips for more delicious drink.

I have just one question for you.

How the heck do you make homemade Bailey's? That has to be the best tasting stuff ever & I'm not much of a drinker either. I broke down & bought myself a bottle now that my husb. isn't here to do it for me. I keep forgetting it isn't orange juice. That bottle didn't last long. Now I use it as a vase.
Thank you and the reciepe is on the first page. I broke down and bought a bottle today. nothing is as good as the real stuff. However the real stuff kicks me in the pants a little harder! LOL. Becareful!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 AM

Oh, my gosh! Some quilter's magazine somewhere will publish that story. I loved it. Sorry for your distress been there done that. I have been known to throw my machine. Yep!!! Throw my machine. Guess what! It does not help! Stupid, stupid, stupid. I wish I were blonde. I would be so much smarter. LOL. Keep writing. Yolanda Wood River
Old 02-23-2011, 09:17 AM

I have to admit that I also started by skimming your story. But, then I read a few of the replies and had to go back and read you word for word. It was great and so easy to relate to. You really do have talent that you should explore. Thanks for making my day a better place.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
Oh, my gosh! Some quilter's magazine somewhere will publish that story. I loved it. Sorry for your distress been there done that. I have been known to throw my machine. Yep!!! Throw my machine. Guess what! It does not help! Stupid, stupid, stupid. I wish I were blonde. I would be so much smarter. LOL. Keep writing. Yolanda Wood River
Dear Yolanda, well, when I went blonde years ago, it was astonishing...I didn't have to become smarter? What happened was I became visible....suddenly people opened doors for me, paid attention to what I said, asked me to join the lunch bunch, helped me do stuff...that sort of thing...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
Dear Yolanda, well, when I went blonde years ago, it was astonishing...I didn't have to become smarter? What happened was I became visible....suddenly people opened doors for me, paid attention to what I said, asked me to join the lunch bunch, helped me do stuff...that sort of thing...
I too went blonde for awhile, the attention was to much. Felt like a t-bone steak at an A-1 steak sauce convention.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 PM

I can identify with your stoy. I can see myself making mistake after mistake. Only, I wasn't smart enough to have a little nip or two so I could see my blocks thru rose colored glasses. LOL
Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
I can identify with your stoy. I can see myself making mistake after mistake. Only, I wasn't smart enough to have a little nip or two so I could see my blocks thru rose colored glasses. LOL
Its know what color or rose colored glassed to buy. If you get the wrong ones it can be dangerous.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:43 AM

I am going to make your baileys and am wondering what kind of container that you put it in and how long will it last in the refrig? Thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 04:25 AM

Omg that was too funny.I am sitting in my chair on heating pad and needed a lift me up..You need to write stories I would buy everyone of them..What a nice pick me up! And also what a beautiful quilt!!! I also live in Indiana..how bout sharing that Bailey's ? Hehhehe