Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If I got paid for... >

If I got paid for...

If I got paid for...

Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM

What a great way to end the problem, writing such a great story. See you WON!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:54 PM

Thank you for your creative thoughts woven into an interesting dialogue!!! Also, thanks for the recipe! :)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:04 PM

Loved you story , my destress quilt( a lone star pattern) is jamed in a bag and hidden in a box of fabric after about 3 times taking it apart. you had better luck than I did..
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 PM

Being that i live in the middle of nowhere, home everyday, my days are filled with sewing and the sound of silence. Most days are filled with only the sounds of my own thoughts. Tv is a bore. Rarely remembering to actually turn on the radio, the days fly by with just the conversations in my head. So its me, mother nature and QB, mixed with an occasional book. Once a week I venture into town to get our weekly supplies and put in my applications for denials so I can collect my benefits of laziness(or so I've been told). So I suppose I have plenty of time to entertain myself and write the memoirs of the Mad Quilter. It warms my heart to know that I made so many of you smile. Thank you for all your kind words, I just wanted to share my day and frustrations without sounding "B****Y". Lifes to short to spend feeling like doo-doo!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM

Lea....Thank you so much for your post, the laughs and the smiles throughout reading it!! I agree with what someone else suggested...consider sending it to the quilting magazines....so many of us relate, but you have a gift for putting words together!!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:55 PM

Leann, I enjoyed your story!! It was very entertaining and you truly have a way with words. I can relate to it all and remember the scenery and silence so well when I lived in the country in Indiana not so many years ago.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grace MooreLinker
Loved you story , my destress quilt( a lone star pattern) is jamed in a bag and hidden in a box of fabric after about 3 times taking it apart. you had better luck than I did..
Today the mailman brought my quiltsmart 58" lonestar! Hoping it will make those tricky points easy. yep sometimes you gotta cheat...I dont think theres a commandment or proverb that covers lonestar cheaters?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
Being embroiled for the last I don't know how many days, trying my best to complete this dad-ratted farmhouse for the February BOM, I totally feel your pain. I am not a new-comer to paper piecing, however nobody would believe this if they had been a fly on the wall through these days. By the end of this day, it was going to be completed or, put through the shredder, wasn't too sure which. For now, I am keeping it, but it was a very close thing. And...no, I do not have any Bailey's to soothe my shattered nerves.
Paper piecing is new to me. Secretly behind the scenes I've been doing this bom. I've not tackled this months. Oh the Baileys is really just for medicimal purposes...really..wink wink..my sewing studio is very cold! Its cheaper than the electric bill.....Well it is!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 PM

Oh man.... Thanks for the laugh! Sometimes ya just gotta laugh at these darn machines who seem to have a mind of their own.

Honestly, although people tend to give machines a feminine persona and name, I am totally convinced that my sewing machine is a male. Seriously... he only does what he wants to do when he wants to do it, therefore it is pointless to sew on him if he is not in work mode.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:15 AM

Is this just for one cup? You go girl!