Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If I got paid for... >

If I got paid for...

If I got paid for...

Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 AM

thank you for the smile to start my day! I have lots of sewing scheduled for today but I off to the store for ingredients! lol
Old 02-20-2011, 03:50 AM

Love your story and I hsvr breen there.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:03 AM

Wonderful story...couldn't stop reading (and chuckling to myself - been there, done that!). Can't wait to see what you come up with next - only without the sewing problems. :-)
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

i LOVED your account of a couple days!
i made home made kalua this year and yup...sewing in the afternoon, music, something yummy---life is good :thumbup: and i had one of those days too...putting a top together, turned a block sideways 3 times i took it apart and put it back together wrong...yup, time for something yummy the third time i even laid it out, pinned it--and still somehow--upside down when i laid it out and looked at it---then figured out, was not going to matter how i put that block the problem was i appliqued that one block (out of 13 appliqued blocks) backwards...i forgot to reverse the pattern...so i had to stop and make a new block then go back to piecing the top...geesh--wore out my seam ripper before i figured out the block itself was the problem not me laying it out... :wink:
Old 02-20-2011, 04:19 AM

Very enjoyable story, I think we have all been there.
Great writer!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 AM

Oh,Lea,what a great story. I think you shoul write a quilt story of some kind. I would buy it and I don't even take the time to read usually. I'm glad you figured out your problem without too much of that Baileys. I've had many days like that (guess that's how we learn). I spent about 4-5 hours doing things like that last week with my gammill (those screws are very tiny when you can get them loose)...hope you have a better day.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:35 AM

that was hysterical..i just couldnt stop reading!!!..a great way to start my day..i was up much too early.....and...if yu ever have a chance..(lol)..try some fultons harvest pumpkin pie cream liquer..lol..yum!...you have a wonderful way with words......look forward to more...
Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 AM

What a way to start my day. with a giggle. You wrote very well and I am saving your recipe for when I have one of THOSE days! :-)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 AM

Oh my gosh, Im sitting here reading this and laughing out loud, my husband is looking at me like Im crazy. You should write a column in a Quilt Magazine. Your humor is great! Im forwarding this to all my quilting friends. I love Baileys in my coffee. Thanks for the recipe, will save me money. Going to save this in favorites so I can read again and again. Thank you ..you made my day!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 AM

I love your story....like everyone: it was so close to home. Had those experiences.....thread "hanging up" on the spool!!!