Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :) >

If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :)

If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :)

Old 01-27-2010, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
~laffin~ Well....I'm getting rid of the bed in the guest room...does that answer your question? ;)
We did the same thing and sometimes I have to go out to the garage to grab this or that . . . hum - wonder if my DH would like a room out there? Just kidding!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:58 AM

Don't throw it away. Someone can use it...a caring center..or maybe a Senior Center...etc. I lost ALL my material to Hurricane IKE..In fact we lost everything we owned of 37 years..home and everything but thank God we are alive..I had craft items and probably about $3,000. or so of material, my machine and wow..hate to think anymore about it...Thank God we survived...So share with someone that can really use it..YOU ARE BLESSED beyond measure.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:57 AM

I have so much that I am getting to a point where I can't find things. I know it is time to organize and move some things on. Not so much about how much space it takes, more about the frustration of not being able to find and use what I have.
Good luck! I hope you get to make something for your brother also, bet he would love it!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:22 AM

What a blessing...I use to work with the RSVP(Retired Senior Volunteer Program)and we had ladies that would volunteer to make Walker bags and head pillows and throws for the nursing homes in our town..The Veterans home also.
People would donate fabrics al the time..We also had ladies that quilted 2 times a week in the office so fabric was always needed..I the RSVP is all over our country so you mat want to do a search and see if you have one close to you!...
Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Therese
If the fabric is spilling out of the closet and you're having trouble walking in your sewing room, it's time to weed out the stuff you know you will never use or the fabric that just doesn't excite you anymore. Getting rid of stuff will free up yoour creativity!!
now that's exactly what i have been doing!:thumbup:
I do keep a lot, but I also have my own, SENSIBLE, yardstick. I haven't reached the max yet, and am working in the OTHER direction...less, not more, but unless I sew for charities...and i do...
I'm not giving away anything, unless i choose to 'gift' it to ppl that need it. Otherwise, I am just feeding somebody else's habit.
I can use the 'not my favorites' on the backings.:XD:
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
when things get that bad, get rid of brown.
:lol:
actually, I have bought a few pieces of brown in the past year, bc they say it makes a nice neutral and goes with everything.
I like it ok, but I'm with you...don't need a lot of it.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilter2B
Originally Posted by Charlee
~laffin~ Well....I'm getting rid of the bed in the guest room...does that answer your question? ;)
We did the same thing and sometimes I have to go out to the garage to grab this or that . . . hum - wonder if my DH would like a room out there? Just kidding!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marybs
I have so much that I am getting to a point where I can't find things. I know it is time to organize and move some things on. Not so much about how much space it takes, more about the frustration of not being able to find and use what I have.
Good luck! I hope you get to make something for your brother also, bet he would love it!!!
now, that is a good idea, and i have already thought about what he would like.
I know his colors I think, but not exactly his style. I think I need to see his room.
Maybe I'll show him some patterns and say they are for hubby..."what do you think?"...and get him to pick one:XD:
P.S. already have plans for hubby's too :wink:
Old 01-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

well, i have given a couple of 33 gallon plastic bags to local churches for their nursing home quilts.
They were so heavy. I left them on a friends screened in porch, and she called to make SURE I wanted to give that much fabric away.
I assured her it was alright. Wonder how many lap quilts that it made. I would bet a lot :wink:
Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
actually, I have bought a few pieces of brown in the past year, bc they say it makes a nice neutral and goes with everything.
I like it ok, but I'm with you...don't need a lot of it.
<shiver> the only brown i own was given to me to specifically go with something already in the works. i would never plan brown. or mustard. yeeks. life can be depressing enough. so if i had to make space, brown would go, go, go! :lol: