Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :) >

If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :)

If Somebody Were Giving You Stash and Crafts, etc. At What Point Would You Say, No More? :)

Old 01-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KBunn
Originally Posted by Charlee
~laffin~ Well....I'm getting rid of the bed in the guest room...does that answer your question? ;)
LOL....just got rid of the bed in one of the spare rooms to make more space for mu "stuff".....now if I start moving DH's things out I figure I have a problem....until then I am just enjoying what I have!

Take it...sort it...use what you can and give the rest away..you will make someone else's day!
these are the best laid plans of mice and men:wink:
Old 01-26-2010, 05:15 AM

Give it to someone who will use it. Sell it so you have money to get what you need.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:34 AM

ask a school if they want the crafts, a senior center,nursing home.

You could always freecycle them in your area.
www.freecycle.org
to find one to join in your city.
i would not tell him "no more", i would take them and bless someone with them.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:03 AM

Keep what you like, give away or sell what you don't want... It would be much easier on you!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Oh , how lucky you are . I've never been that lucky . Nobody gives me fabric , pouting . Annie
Old 01-26-2010, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

My limit is not that much space. After having to empty out two great aunts house who kept everything, I won't keep piles or boxes of stuff. I have my sewing room and I don't mind having some stored stuff in there but not in the rest of the house. I don't like clutter and can't stand to open a closet or cabinet and see it stacked to the bursting. If stuff is stored like that how could I use it. Too much stored stuff everywhere is too stressful. I'll let the thrift store store it.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 AM

When it gets to the point where I have to buy another plastic bin for storage, that's when I donate to a quilt guild that sews for charity or goodwill.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
My limit is not that much space. After having to empty out two great aunts house who kept everything, I won't keep piles or boxes of stuff. I have my sewing room and I don't mind having some stored stuff in there but not in the rest of the house. I don't like clutter and can't stand to open a closet or cabinet and see it stacked to the bursting. If stuff is stored like that how could I use it. Too much stored stuff everywhere is too stressful. I'll let the thrift store store it.
Then never open one of my closets! lol... We're trying to go through things right now ... and our closets are full of stuff... the one front room closet is actually my clothes closet cause I'm sleeping in the living room... my sister has the other room for her and bf... and the other bedroom is the nursery... so mom and i sleep in the living room... we offered our rooms...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:46 AM

When my sister lost her battle with colon cancer in 2001, her 6 bedroom house & 2 storage facilities were packed with sewing & quilting items. It was very hard to deal with as I lived 300 miles away. Because teenager grandchildren were still living in the house, I believe a lot of the fabric was trashed rather than given to guilds. She had over 2500 quilt books & had never been on the internet. I am a retired librarian, so I managed to salvage most of the books & have gradually sent those books all over the world. You never know what you might have that someone else is looking for.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 AM

I am only willing to fill my sewing space. I love all things quilty but....there is only so much that i can keep. i would never turn anything away mind you but i would go through it see what i really wanted or needed and donate or give away the rest--there are others that need things more than me, like ppl that are just starting out quilting and even the kids in school!! plus i like to be organized and am not much of a hoarder.