Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If someonelocked you in your sewing room..........

I am one of the few lucky enough that I can spend all day down in my sewing room and no one would bother me. as for # of quilts - probaby sevearal hundred tops at least, have 3 full rolls of batting don't know how many I could get with that.

That would be my ideal place. I would get more tops done, maybe around 100, but only a few completed, maybe 3. Someone would have to install a bathroom too because my quilting space is in the basement.

Well, Im glad to hear Im not alone! Sounds like most everyone is just like me!

I would have quilt tops out the whazoo! Not really, I don't have a towering stash but with creative and frugel cutting I could probably make 30 tops with easy-not saying they'd all be nice to look at though-clash city.

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    What a wonderful dream! I could make 5 completed quilts. 4 of them would be scrappy quilts as most of my fabrics are fat quarters.

Wow what an awesome thought. Although I don't have nearly the space some of you appear to have for fabric. I would still have a good time sewing up what I have. Good topic.

I would not live long enough with all the fabric i have.

If my husband heard me say that I couldn't live long enough to use my fabric up, he would ask why do I keep buying more! LOL

Oh my gosh. I have projects sitting around in boxes where I have everything I need to make a quilt, table runner, or wall hanging--maybe 10 of those. And then I still have fabric in my stash--maybe 100 yards? I started feeling overwhelmed by it and so I stopped buying fabric unless it is for something specific. AND, I give away a free fat quarter every Friday on my blog in an effort to pare it down. It's downright embarrassing how much fabric I've accumulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabaddict
    I am one of the few lucky enough that I can spend all day down in my sewing room and no one would bother me. as for # of quilts - probaby sevearal hundred tops at least, have 3 full rolls of batting don't know how many I could get with that.
    Like Fabaddict, I too am fortunate enough to spend any amount of time during any day in my sewing room. DH loves his periodicals, sports and weather tv channels with a regular nap, so he would not miss me until suppertime. My stash has grown from one room into another three times and DH occasionally says "Do you know you have fabric in here?!" How many could I make, probably more than 200, but like others, I would run out of batting. Nevertheless, I could get creative and use flannel instead--maybe even double-up a couple sheets for batting. lol Years ago my MIL used an old bed blanket for a quilt for our son and sure enough, it is still hanging in there with memories and warmth.

More than I can do in my remaining lifetime. Last count of inventory was 200+ projects, all bought except batting. All sizes: bed quilts, lap quilts, wall quilts , table quilts, and holiday quilts. And I cannot part with any, I really ,really like them all. INSANE!!!

This is the best addiction! I love all of my fabric, and I have plans in my head for all of the fabric I have!I keep telling myself, one of these days..........

Blog Entries
    i wish i had a stash, when i moved i had to get rid of everything, so i'm starting from scratch. since i'm on disability, i don't have a stash, i buy what i need and sometimes have a few inches left over.

Susan, this is a great topic. I enjoyed reading all the replies. I de-cluttered last year after 20 years plus of buying/hoarding fabric. I bought emergency fabric only and donated lots of fabric to schools, etc. I am starting anew and enjoying it. I have enough fabric for 3/4 quilts.

I de-cluttered last year and gave most of my stash(that I could part with) to my daughter when she bought her home. I have enough batting for two quilts and fabric for abot 10 quilts. I have a friend that makes one quilt at a time and does not have a stash nor does she keep the scraps. Different strokes....

Blog Entries
    I'm lucky too! I can get up and go to my sewing room and be there all day and no one bothers me. By evening I'm usually ready for some company so DH and I have dinner together and chat about the day then he has his time to watch ESPN without me bothering him. Evenings are when I do my housework for the next day so I can wake up and do what I want the next day.
    I know I have 32 quilt kits in my stash and enough fabric to make at least 30 more. I don't buy fabric anymore unless it's on clearance or a terrific bargain for the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by darlin121
    I de-cluttered last year and gave most of my stash(that I could part with) to my daughter when she bought her home. I have enough batting for two quilts and fabric for abot 10 quilts. I have a friend that makes one quilt at a time and does not have a stash nor does she keep the scraps. Different strokes....
    I cant imagin not keeping the scraps, or just making one thing at a time! :shock: I use up everything, very little waste, a few end threads, I keep all tiny scraps (crumbs) for my mosiac quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish
    DITTO! :)

Scarey thought - hundreds of baby quilts. Enough to last a lifetime and still have a yard sale after I'm gone!

I'd be skinny and very old when I came out.

I`d stop counting but I`d be the happiest person in the world.

Hehehehehe I better not go there. I will remain locke dup till I die maybe unless I start sewing yardage together without cutting. LOL

Ooh! Did someone say "skinny"? Lock me up!

Since I am new to quilting I really have no idea. I have lots of fabric for clothing as well as quilts.

But the important question is what about potty breaks? Are those allowed?

What is frog stitching? and I would probably have over 100 quilts as well. But the chocolate would have to be shipped in along with some occasional food and water.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast