Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: If someonelocked you in your sewing room..........

Someone would have to enlarge my sewing room drastically for me to be able to complete even one quilt without leaving the sewing room. My sewing room has so many boxes of fabric lining the walls that I have to turn sideways to get around the ironing board to get to my sewing machine. I lay out even small quilts on the living room floor.

I could get about 3 completely finished. I am rather new to quilting and I do not have a stash yet. With the scraps that I do have I could get 3 completed. I have batting because I bought it on sale at a very good price and for the backing I would use muslin beause I bought that by the bolt a a great price.

Dee
    It would be years and years.

My goodness I would have close to 50 projects. Just off hand I would guess I have at least 10-15 just big quilts, but the rest are table runners, purses, wall hangings, etc. waiting to be finished. That does not count all the patterns I have and HOPE to make. I like the idea. Right now I am working at not buying more fabric and use up what I have but I am headed out to Des Moines for the AGS Quilt show next week and I wonder if I can make it home without buying more.

My fabric will not even fit in one room, my daughter in-law just started quilting and she comes shopping at my house.

Pure Bliss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quilter41
    I would be buried in quilts. My cup would overflow, rather room.
    Lets see thirty boxes of fabric, three cupboards and a closet full ummmm I would never get out of there I could finish about twenty then would need thread, backing, and batting. I might be able to finish another 100

I couldn't stay in there forever. As long as everythingis going OK I could, but when I start making mistakes I need to go do other things.

As for how long my stash would last. No matter how much I have on hand I still like to I go to the store and look and I still find something that I just can't go home without.

Our one Wal Mart looks like they have increased their fabric dept. :o) They are building a new building, not far away, so maybe they will take the fabric/craft sectioin with them.
    All the other W-M's within 25 miles have closed out that part of their store.

Bev
    I counted my rolls of batting, and I figure I could only finish 12 quilts from start to the very end, the quilting and binding. But if you don't count batting I could probably make at least 75 to 100 depending on the size. Oops, I forgot the bins of scraps and squares, and strings. Probably another 20 or 25 including them. Then there are the crumbs ...oh lord ...... are we counting UFOs too? Another dozen or more. :roll:

I am 76 but I could live until I am 90 or 100 before I had to come up for air, B.E.G. :thumbup: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish
    that about sums it up!

I'd be in big trouble. I have two big cupboards of fabrid OUTSIDE of my sewing room so I would have to make do with the scrap basket!

Oh, this is so funny!!!!!

What an idea! Does a maid and a chef come with that-?

Ok, I will add that your meals will be brought to you, your animals will be cared for, you can go potty (then right back to your room!) and you all get a mini fridge, and an endless supply of fruit & chocolate. Batting and thread will be delivered as needed! If you are going to dream, dream big! lol! I have a mini fridge in my sewing room, and a 4 cup coffee maker, and the bathroom is next door to my sewing room, so Im set, as long as I keep stocked in coffee & 1/2 & 1/2!hehehehehhe

Quote Originally Posted by mygirl66
    If someone locked you in your sewing room right now, and wouldnt let you out till you used up all of the fabric you have in there, how many quilts could you make with it? I laid in bed last night, thinking about this, and I think I came up with a scary amount :shock: . What about all of you?
    There is no way this would happen without food, wine and chocolate!!!! Besides, I have a window to crawl out of and neighbors who know my needs!!!!!!!

This is such a kick to read...
    Glad I'm not the only one LOL !!

Well, I get to go house/cat sit for my daughter in Florida for 6 months and I'm taking all my stash (except for the huge hunks of backing fabric) with me. My goal is to bust all my stash while I am there, so I will hopefully come home 70-100 quilt tops. Thankfully I have a longarm so when I get home I'll be putting the hours on that to get the quilts finished. Gee, I will have Christmas, birthdays, weddings and babies covered for YEARS!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    If I only finished what I have started now and didn't start any more I would still probobly die before I was done.
    I can definitely relate to this one! And would you believe I am signed up for more classes before year end:
    10/20 - RaNae Merrill - Spiral Mandela Quilt
    10/30 - Precision Piecing using Sally Collins techniques
    11/12-13 - Robbi-Joy Ecklow ... Fun stuff; artsy
    11/18-20 - Sharon Schamber ... 3 DIFFERENT techniques.

Let me finish these classes and then lock me in; it will be a wonderful life sentence!

Josi in FL

I just have to laugh over the question because I happened to clean up my sewing room including putting away a "ton" of fabric i the plastic storage bins in my storage shed. So what's left out in my sewing room, I could make maybe 1 quilt at this writing.

If I were locked in my sewing room, before I could quilt I'd have to clean it. Then I could make twenty or thirty quilts. If all my material were kept in my sewing room I would be very very old and very thin when I got out!!!

Ladies I have just started quilting so if I was in that room with the door locked I sure would need someone to call me and tell me how to put a binding on and mmmmm lol lot's of other thingsI would have to have help with . Fabric i have a closet full.

To that idea I'll just say it'll be better than the rubber room I'm currently locked up in. :P

I was going to ask if you wanted to come clean my sewing room... then I saw where you were located. So maybe I could come sew with you and we could open the windows and just enjoy the weather too! Aloha.

I would love to be locked in my sewing room to just quilt and dream and create. Have no idea how many quilts I could turn out, dozens and dozens I suspect. Good way to lose some weight too I think. But I would have to have a small tv so I could watch my Nascar and football while quilting.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast