Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: If someonelocked you in your sewing room..........

Power Poster
    ow! Good ?. I think I would first clean the room up then get started and would probably never get out of the room as I have so much fabric etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kherrin
    Way more that I could ever use in my lifetime! I would not even venture a guess as to the yardage I have put away in my sewing room...the really sad part is no one in my family will ever use all I leave when I depart this world.
    Time to make new friends and gifting it away so your poor family won't have to figure out what to do with it all. There is saying that says "You can't take it with you." K

I would need a looooong time. Don't know how many quilts I could make but sure would lose some weight.

Well I just spent a good time reading all 11 pages of this.
    I must say like most I could probably make near 100 tops, but I doubt I have the batting for more than 2 more large quilts.I bought backing recently for my rr I did here on the board last year so that would be one of the first completed. Oh, I don't quilt so could we have them taken to our long arm person When they were ready to go? I would also need rotary blades, needles, thread etc delivered from time to time or maybe I would ask for that time out to keep from going to stir crazy, but would have to be very limited as to not blow any process made at the LQS.
    I have the downstairs of our house pretty much for my sewing/crafting now that the kids moved back out. I also have a bedroom (which has a closet full of crochet yarns and threads) and a 3/4 bathroom and the laundry area down there.
    I do have a small fridge although no stove or sink other than the bathroom sink. But if the groceries were provided and my slow cooker and microwave I could do o.k..
    I do have a t.v. and c.d/radio there also. But I must say if my computer was down there I probably would still spend way to much time on it and not get as many quilt tops made as possible. As for my animals they would have to be allowed in for love time or none of it would be worth it to me.
    Muriel

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish
    Same here! I'd better get a coffee pot and snacks in there -- NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    rotflol,I would die in that room and never finish
    I'd still be there, sewing and cutting as a ghost. rofl :lol:

Blog Entries
    DA Mayer...Love your precious avatar.

Blog Entries
    Me too, I would die before I used all the fabric I have. Do I get to come out for thread or batting?

Someone please lock me in. I have 4 tops made, 4 halfway finished. hmmmmmmmmm a ton of fabric. but a week would be heaven

Would love to try. I have fabric all through the house, with projects to make 30 or 40 tops but not enough batting and backing to finish them. I would love to try 8 hrs a day 3 to 4 days a week forever, sounds great

Blog Entries
    If they lock me in my sewing room, I would just wither away looking at all my pretty supplies, because my sewing machines are set up in the family room! I tried sewing in there when I bought the house, but I am too claustrophobic to sit in there hour after hour in a closed room alone. My service dog hated it too. I have to keep him out or all I have is white furry fabric. Ever seen a malamute shed? Amazing amounts of hair! My cat tried to dig in under the door, and yowled non-stop. Some days it just doesn't pay to be the "source of all things goodie". Wait--they can lock me in, there are hand sewing needles in there! I know how to use them! OK, I'm ready now! Click!

That idea is appealing! Way too much fabric, wouldn't even know how to guess at that! Would be willing to try being locked in there though!

Blog Entries
    I must be very far behind I couldn't finish any quilts, but I might make at least 5 tops.

Blog Entries
    I must be very far behind I couldn't finish any quilts, but I might make at least 5 tops.

My sewing room is the old dining room, and has a swinging door to the kitchen, so I can't be locked in. Of course, that means I can't lock anyone out either.
    Most of my fabric is upstairs, but I bet I could make over 300 quilts. I'd get to the point where I had to use fabric as batting though

Well, I think I figured out what I would do. First, I would have to have doors installed. While that was being worked on, I would gather my batting from upstairs, and make sure I have enough fabric for all of the backing. Also, purchase one of those convenience store cappuccino makers. I'd also want little pet doors so my cats could go in and out.

It's just scary to think about how many I could do if locked in my room! I'm with some others though...not enuf batting! LOTS of tops though! :)

That would be a sweet blessing to be able to keep on task and not have to stop for anything. I think I would probably have about 10 quilt tops to do but someone would have to go out and get me some batting and backing.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for ideas for a quilt to make for my 19 yr. old Grandson.
    He wants the colors in ocean blue, Lime Green and Black. I am willing to add a couple more colors to that mix.
    Looking for a great pattern that won't take forever to make.

I have a lot of UFO that would be finished as far as quilt tops and I could probally finish a few totally. It would be heaven as I am just getting my sewing room back together after getting new laminate floor and a new sewing machine that I can't wait to try out once everything is in its rightful place.

I would be to old to do anything when they let me out

Blog Entries
    I could do a ton of tops, but I would need lots of food and my sewing room doesn't have enough space for that! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlylace
    no cooking or cleaning, only sewing, I dare you to lock me up!
    I'm with you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltlady37
    Could I go across the hall to another room. I also have fabric in that bedroom? LOL
    See...? under restriction, and already asking for privledges!

I'm with most of you, what a joy to be locked in my sewing room until I finish up the fabric. I don't think I'll live that long, but I have fabric for probably 150 quilts, tops & backing, maybe not batting.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast