Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you could have any iron which would it be?? >

If you could have any iron which would it be??

If you could have any iron which would it be??

Old 02-19-2015, 04:44 AM

I have had 3 Rowenta's one over heated and the others leaked. Also these were the older models not the ones from China. Now I have a cordless Panasonic and a Sharpe. The Sharpe is my favorite and it was the cheapest. For me, this is not were I want to spend my money. Tried the expensive and will not go there again.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 AM
Banned

Yep I agree with Peckish.

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my Digital Velocity.
So many features about this iron that I love.

Starting with when at it's highest heat setting and the
steam generator on it can produce 1800w, you can turn
off the auto-shutoff if you desire.

I paid about $80 for this iron refurbished on ebay. But if
having to replace it I would do it again even if it means
buying brand new at full price.

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I have a Reliable Digital Velocity and if I had to replace it, I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't touch a Rowenta with a 10 foot pole. Way too many horror stories of fires, burns, arcing, etc. for me to even risk it.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:20 AM

I have gone through so many irons in my life My favorites are the old ones I pick up at thrift stores, but I eventually burn them up (that is why I NEVER leave the room wit them on). I finally bought a Rowenta professional - the one that has the separate basin for water. It is fantastic.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:23 AM

I "eat" irons. My choice is an inexpensive one that gives me good heat and steam. Yes, I try keep my irons alive and well but our hard well water just doesn't want to playnice.

My experience with Rowenta has a lot to do with the leaking problem on Rowenta irons made in China. The iron leaked like a sieve and the corporation claimed innocence. I pitched both of them.

Pat
Old 02-19-2015, 06:15 AM

I love my Rowenta, I only use it dry, as I have no need for steam. Occasionally I use a spray bottle if I am faced with lots of wrinkles prior to cutting. Never have had any issues with it.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:30 AM

Wow, I was trying to be nice and find a site for you to look at my Shark tank iron. I've had it many years now and just love it BUT it seems I cannot find it any longer. Bummer, if it ever breaks I'm now out of luck. It has a separate reservior for water and I only use distilled in it. Guess someone else will have to chime in with one they love that's still available.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:53 AM

My favorite iron is my Panasonic cordless iron. The only part I don't like is the auto shutoff, but I could not find a cordless iron that did not have an auto shutoff. Ironing without a cord is a whole new, wonderful process.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:21 AM

I had a Rowenta that I loved. Lots of steam, it had auto shut off( I won't buy an iron without it) just slid across the fabric. After 1 year it started to leak, a lot. I email customer service and they told me I was SOL. Never again will I buy one. Both of my sisters have had the same problem with theirs.
I want the Reliable velocity. WHen the Shark I have now dies that is what I will buy.Every iron has different features. You just need to decide what you need etc. I like lots of steam and auto shut off. Others hate this. I always unplug my iron when I am finished but I have a fear of leaving it on. That is why I love auto shut off. My sewing room is upstairs and sometimes I might not go up there for days at a time. I did install a smoke detector in my sewing room.
Pat
Old 02-19-2015, 07:22 AM

I bought a Rowenta about 8 years ago and love it.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:27 AM

I bought a rowento years ago and it spit water constantly. I use cheaper irons now and even the old ones from thrift stores that are heavy and love them. No certain brand names come to mind.