Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you could only make or own one quilt........ >

If you could only make or own one quilt........

If you could only make or own one quilt........

Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 PM

A big wholecloth in a shade of blue (it's my favourite color) with intricate feather patterns and grids in different sizes - North Country Style!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:13 AM

I LOVE to applique and am anxiously waiting to begin one this winter. I have appliqued about 20 quilts so far but never a true Baltimore Album. I imagine it will be at least a 2 years project with all the hand appliquing and hand quilting but the end result will be well worth the time, I think.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:52 AM

I want to do a tumbling blocks for my bed
Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 AM

kingsize and scrappy...as for the pattern....well that changes from week to week so until I actually start it who knows! Some of the ones in the hat to be decided on are....log cabin, delectable mountains, scrappy centennial pineapple, bear paws, stars, and a sampler. oh yeah I also like the tumbler ones and the apple core. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:08 AM

I am working on mine right now. It is a sampler quilt with 48 different 12" blocks. It is going to be huge. It is our anniversary quilt. I am making it to commemmorate our 50th wedding anniversary (this past June). I have 12 blocks made now and 36 to go and yesterday I bought the sashing and the border. I usually like to wait until they are all done, but I take my scraps with me and found the most fantastic batik and tonal I have ever seen and could not resist it. It is very good fabric that I got at JoAnn's and had my 40% off plus 20%, so I could swing $12.99 a yard, no problemo!!!!! I love working on it. I take time off for other things (like I have to make a quilt for our neighbors who are having their second baby and I don't know if it is a girl or a boy or if they are picking out colors or anything. I am hoping to do a mish-mash of colors. I like them the best.

Not to change the subject, but we were supposed to get 3+" of snow last night. Ta Da - Nothing!

Good day to you. Edie
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 AM

has to be scrappy....has to have LOTS of color...has to be happy...and of course...soft & cuddly...OR something simple yet traditional as a 4/9 patch...pinwheels...yada,yada,yada
oh,yeah, and definitely hand quilted to resemble the ones in the good ol' days....
Old 12-16-2010, 04:40 AM

It's always the next one, and the next one then the next one.....sigh.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:41 AM

Actually to many to list. Probably an elaborate applique quilt would be good. Colors would be as the blocks call for them. i.e. green if there is a tree or leaves etc.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by applique
It's always the next one, and the next one then the next one.....sigh.
ditto what applique said.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:49 AM

[quote=mommafank]What pattern would it be? What kind of fabric and what colors? Would it be a wall hanging or a bedsize? Why would you choose the pattern?

Here I am thinking ahead a quilt or so to the one I will make just for myself to use on my bed and find that there are so many patterns and blocks and I love so many of them. Thought about one of those sampler ones but do not think that will do it for me. So I thought all of you great talented, experiened quilters might give me some feedback that will finally help me decide.
this IS MY PROPLEM EXACTLY I LOVED ALL PATTERNS And want all in one
Not only when quilting also when sewing an out or in fit i want all styles as i am not to do but this :P :P
but then i love log cabin the most. You can create more than one look. And yes 4 patches