Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you had Just $30.00 to spend... >

If you had Just $30.00 to spend...

If you had Just $30.00 to spend...

Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I would walk in, turn right around and head to Joann's with my 40% coupon and get twice as much. And still have money left for a Happy Meal....LOL
Does Joanns have these coupons in the store, with the ad? Or do I have to get one ahead of time?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:18 AM

What I like about my work is that they sell bundles of 8 fq's for 5 bucks each!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Well, since I only need a FQ, I'd look around and blow the whole wad and probably more! Quilting is my therapy and shopping for quilt-related stuff is part of that therapy, so I wouldn't want to mess with my therapy, would I?
My thoughts exactly!!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM

I have been wanting to make a quilted wings bag for my DH to carry his RC plane's wings in. So I would wonder around looking for yummy fabric with an airplane theme. Thirty dollars for just fun things is hard to come by so I would be very cautious during my expedition. He would just love it when it was done.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Good Answers Ladies! You're much stronger than I!
It really isn't a matter of being stronger. If you don't have the money--you just don't have it!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:48 AM

I would concentrate on finding TOT blenders in fat quarter sizes.....you could get lots of different fabrics for $30.00 and fat quarters really do go a long long way!!

jodi in leavenworth
Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 AM

ok so explain to me why you sneak fabric. Yes I am married for 13 years and been quilting for 8+ but I go shop, buy what I need and nothing is ever said about it. I don't sneak anything in the house and most of the time I cannot wait to show DH what I bought.

For Christmas he signed me up for a bom that runs $25 a month for 13 months for just the fabric and even bought the templates for it. (I found out when the QS called me to confirm I had the book JIC since they only had a few in stock, so he doesn't know I know)
Old 12-15-2010, 10:03 AM

I would get one yard of Kona black, pay the $6.99 and head to the supermarket next door to spend the rest. Black complements everything I have already thanks to my dear Quilting Board friends and the rest will feed my family a bit. Just don't tell whoever gave me the $30.00 to spend at the quilt shop.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by crochetetc
ok so explain to me why you sneak fabric. Yes I am married for 13 years and been quilting for 8+ but I go shop, buy what I need and nothing is ever said about it. I don't sneak anything in the house and most of the time I cannot wait to show DH what I bought.

For Christmas he signed me up for a bom that runs $25 a month for 13 months for just the fabric and even bought the templates for it. (I found out when the QS called me to confirm I had the book JIC since they only had a few in stock, so he doesn't know I know)

Because most of us 'round my parts have husbands that have seen us go crazy in a fabric store, and then saw what it did to the wallet afterwards. They are now leery of anything having to do with fabric that isn't already sewn. And when you work in a fabric store, you don't necessarily get paid enough to let you buy everything you want.

You are a lucky woman.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

Thread-thread-and more thread. OMG, since I had my quilting class thread is my new love. Shiny, blingy, a rainbow of pretty things - sigh.....