Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you had ...... >

If you had ......

If you had ......

Old 01-22-2012, 11:52 AM

Since I am a hand quilter,,,,I would pay for PART of a Hinterberg floor frame...

I am after a new Bernina...but you have a great machine...
Maybe just count your blessings and hang onto that cash until a true need actually arises....
Most of us would LOVE to have your dilemma..
Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 PM

Right now www. craftsy.com is offering a FREE online quilting course so she would still have here $250 and she could fulfill one wish.
Originally Posted by Micha View Post
I with the others who have said donate. If you already have all you need, you could have fun shopping and donate what you buy to a local charity that makes quilts. Or donate to a group that teachs quilting.

If buying for yourself, how about a block of the month. I've always wanted to do one of these with applique blocks but they're always out of my budget.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 PM

I believe I would take a good quilting class, or probably buy a nice table and shelves or see thru plastic containers for fabric.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
Since you seem to have most everything that one would need, how about finding a charity that needs some help or a family who are in need.....and give something to them.

Since you would be the donor, it would be like spending it on yourself...would buy you peace of mind and that's a wonderful feeling.
Maybe buy some beautiful fabric to donate to a group who makes quilts.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:51 PM

I'm like Mad Mimm, I too, could spend that money in nothing flat. You are truly blessed to be in this predicament. Only thing I could think if is a roll of batting. They keep telling up that cotton prices are going up. Don't know how you are set with batting. Good Luck.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 PM

I love the idea of taking a friend to a quilt shop & watching her pick out what she would like but
can't afford. It would be a thrill to see her smile & you would get more good out of that $250 than
anything else.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:00 PM

I have 3 quilt tops pieced; and they would be my 1st, 2nd and 3rd ever quilt tops ! I would send them out to be quilted and spend the money as far as it would go ! i've been really discouraged lately because I have these tops finished and just can't afford to have them professional quilted. NOW, I am working on hand quilting one and will probably end up quilting the others on my Brother or singer......

I got a $50 gift card for JA's for Christmas and haven't spent it yet, just looking and planning and spending it in my head ! (and that is a dangerous place !)
Old 01-22-2012, 02:46 PM

I have an idea, you can donate it to your fellow quilters on the board!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 PM

Thanks so much everyone!! You all have given me a lot to think about. I mainly quilt crib size quilts to donate to my local children's hospital. In fact I have 7 to sandwich and quilt and 1 that is only cut out.

With me working, going to India next month and then having ankle surgery in March I doubt I'm even able to make it to the shop hop I've gone on for the past 2 years.

There's not a guild close enough for me. Closest one is 30 miles away and meet during the day (work has to come first). I am very bless to have what I have for my craft.

I've been sewing since 1968 or so and have collected a lot of sewing items. And first started quilting about 1994 I think and got back into it a few years ago.

Thanks again everyone that offered suggestions!! I'll keep you posted on what I spend it on.

Hugs!

FREE Quilting Newsletter