Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If you have a room for quilting.....

I used a colr by Sherwin Williams called Hinoki 7686, a yellow that blends well with the green, gold and lt beige muted plaid drapes and lt. beige carpet. The woods in the room are dk maple and I have black frames on pictures. Mr Sewing table is white but I would like to paint that to go with everything. The doors and trim are white.

Orangey yellow. Bright.

I just painted my sewing room about a month ago the color is Shewin-Williams Sofened Gree and I love it because is so soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    My room used to be a light blue but felt cold and I hated going in there to do my craft work or anything. I repainted it a muted yellow, not a real bright yellow, but a lovely warm yellow. I now love being in there (unless it's too cluttered lol).
    I still have carpet in my room but would love wooden floors.

Have fun choosing. A 'new' room is wonderful!
    I have yellow, too, but it is a brighter, more sunshine yellow with 'retro' curtains that have green, pink and lavender. It's more fun than the rest of the house!

Quote Originally Posted by thequilteddove
    My room has no windows, so I painted it a really soft yellow. I have carpet & now wish I had wood... It would be so much easier to swifter all those threads lol But it's a basement & the floor was uneven - it would have been way too much work to try to level it :)
    I just saw you have the same cabinets I just put into my newly created quilting room! (The same top too!) I recently had the 1970s dark paneling taken down and painted my new walls a very neutral, light beige. I don't want the color of the walls to make the colors of my fabrics look different than they really are. I had the dark, dark, shelving painted a glorious, bright, washable, shiny white. I did put beige, soft, soft, s...o....f....t carpeting in there as my grandchildren play there and love to sleep on the rug! Since the room is on a cement slab it is cold there and carpet is the way to go. I bought a new chocolate brown couch and as soon as the money builds up again, I want to put in a white cabinet with a new TV. My work table for my machine is my old desk which is the color of the cabinets mentioned before. I have five of those plastic wheeling cabinets with four drawers in them and I am currently sorting my stash into colors, collections, children's fabric, dots, etc and I hope to get MOST of the stash in them. I do have big, flat plastic, under the bed type storage that holds my fat quarters and that will go under my long folding table which I cut and iron on. It is great fun to be reorganizing and hopefully I will have pictures to post in the near future. The room makes me happy! I am very lucky to have a room to do my creative work in. Good luck to all of you with yours.

I have a Roomba (sorry, don't know how to spell it). It is a computerized little round vacuum cleaner. It loves thread. My husband wanted to get it and I thought, we don't need another vacuum. BUT, I've discovered that that little machine eats threads like nobody's business, and I don't ever have to vacuum again. Although, one does have to clean out the lint catcher. (I let my husband do that. :-D ) My Roomba is the best excessory to my quilting stuff, bar none! I sew in my living room, so it's good I have a way to get up those darn threads.

Those folks in my picture holding the piano quilt are standing in my livingroom, so you can kind of see my wall cover. It is off white paper with a pink/rose colored roses on it.

Right now my husband's working on my sewing room. Long story that includes adding on, kids are young adults now and it has the old dining room/living room combination. We jokingly call the living room his 'man cave' and the dining room is going to be my sewing room. When we added on it included a family room and an eat in area in the kitchen so the dining room never got used for dining anyway. Home Depot carries unfinished kitchen cabinets which we've used a lot, including for my new table that holds my sewing machine and there won't be much wall left to see but this is the old border and the paintcolor. The wood trim below the border is our addition. I liked the border but didn't want the walls green and we couldn't paint blue to my OCD satiasfaction so the edge was hidden with the trim. Fitting with the style of the house, that's how the walls were done back in Victorian times'
    The actual paint color is a bit darker, a navy, rather than the royal blue in this pic (on this computer)
    I'm sure it's too much color for some but for the longest time I lived with the gray of drywall, I NEED color and there's a window to let in light
    I'm going to post pics of the room when it's finished but I suspect it might be a year before then but I've waited 30 years, what's another?

border in sewing room
    Name:  Attachment-80379.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  80.8 KB

Blog Entries
    My walls are mostly white. My Landlord do'se not whaat us to paint.

I have wallpaper on my walls-vines and flowers - white background. I'm in a flower garden as I sit there and sew. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsreeves2
    I have wallpaper on my walls-vines and flowers - white background. I'm in a flower garden as I sit there and sew. I love it!
    sounds like that is just the room for me. my two loves gardening and quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by RugosaB
    Right now my husband's working on my sewing room. Long story that includes adding on, kids are young adults now and it has the old dining room/living room combination. We jokingly call the living room his 'man cave' and the dining room is going to be my sewing room. When we added on it included a family room and an eat in area in the kitchen so the dining room never got used for dining anyway. Home Depot carries unfinished kitchen cabinets which we've used a lot, including for my new table that holds my sewing machine and there won't be much wall left to see but this is the old border and the paintcolor. The wood trim below the border is our addition. I liked the border but didn't want the walls green and we couldn't paint blue to my OCD satiasfaction so the edge was hidden with the trim. Fitting with the style of the house, that's how the walls were done back in Victorian times'
    The actual paint color is a bit darker, a navy, rather than the royal blue in this pic (on this computer)
    I'm sure it's too much color for some but for the longest time I lived with the gray of drywall, I NEED color and there's a window to let in light
    I'm going to post pics of the room when it's finished but I suspect it might be a year before then but I've waited 30 years, what's another?
    We bought an old house two years ago - built in 1865 - and are slowly remodeling. I really like the rich dark colors from the Victorian era but wanted something brighter for the sewing room. That's why I have vines and flowers with a white background in there. The rest of the house is/will be much closer to Victorian style.

My walls are a light seamist green and my floors are hardwood. I have four long 36" X 72" long windows, so I have a lot of light. I read that orange is a creative color but it would be way too warm in that room. I love my floors, they are so easy to sweep and I don't lose pins in the carpet that I only find if I stwp on them.

All of the rooms are so pretty! Mine is now totally trashed and needs to be cleaned bit there is hope in the near future!!!
    I need to repaint as well and I love the muted yellow colors!

Mine are pale blue. My sewing room is on the south side of the house so it can get hot when the sun is out. I like the cool color walls as it helps me to feel a little less hot. I am lucky enough to have a sewing room because my 4 children grew up. I took over one of their bedrooms.

DeeCee, i see you collection of JoSonja paints in the corner :D

Blog Entries
    A very pale peach or peachy-taupe would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    DeeCee, i see you collection of JoSonja paints in the corner :D
    Do you think I can get commission for advertising the JS brand? :-D

My sewing room is in an out-building and it is covered with shelves floor to ceiling on 3 sides. It is a pale gray, and the shelves display all my treasures, including my fabric, beading, family heirlooms, etc. It is old-fashioned chabby chic, but I love it. I have a TV, plenty of music, and all my stuff for making me happy while sewing and quilting.

Blog Entries
    My sewing room use to be my daughter's bedroom. She had painted it a lovely sunshine yellow. (It's not to bright nor to muted.) It is a very cheerful place to work. I enjoy my time working in there.

The walls in my craft studio are hot pink ... it is fun, sassy, creative, and definitely fit for a "diva!" I love going in that room; it makes me smile! And the hot pink color makes my husband nervous to spend much time in there ...

I have wood floors, which make up for fast cleaning up. One wall is windows, I have pink and white curtains on those, all the other walls are filled with sewing supplies, floor to ceiling, except for the space where there is a stone fireplace. I do not use it and would like to cover it up so that I could use it for my design wall. The room is about 14 x 20. I need twice that size, but am thankful to have that much space of my own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EdieClay
    The walls in my craft studio are hot pink ... it is fun, sassy, creative, and definite fit for a "diva!" I love going in that room; it makes me smile! And it makes my husband nervous to spend much time in there ...
    You know, Edie, I read somewhere that one of the prisons was going with hot pink because for some reason it seems to calm the prisoners! LOL

Blog Entries
    My sewing room is Purple with white cabinets and black tile floor with a light grey counter tops. Right now if needs to be cleaned out I only have a path down the middle and enough room for my chair to move around. I have 2 windows one faces west so get the hot sun, have a white curtain there so it bright in the light.

Mine is a light, minty green. White sheer curtains, black, very basic furniture - day bed , TV stand and sewing table are all black wood. I wish I had wood or tile or laminate floors - I have beige carpeting.

stitchinfrenzy, I saw some information on creativity and it mentioned peach, coral family of colors. My husband painted a second room for me and I want to put a quilting machine in it.
    Eiltcoq.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast