Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
if you make quilts/items to sell- a new developement >

if you make quilts/items to sell- a new developement

if you make quilts/items to sell- a new developement

Old 11-21-2011, 07:30 AM

If they ever figure a way to print selvages on batiks I'm screwed!!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Shirls4sons View Post
I don't make things to sell, but I think not buying their product would eventually stop this nonsense.
I agree with this! I won't buy those fabrics because I think it's just a ploy to put more money in their pockets!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 AM

I think you have to "profit" from your sale before any real problems arise and we all know we rarely profit when we sell quilty items. Just keep saying to their attorney-How did I profit from this use? This is just my thoughts and by no means am I an authority.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 AM

this is just getting ridiculous in my opinion. For those of you who actually sell quilts, are you selling so many that restricting the fabric is the soloution? In the grand scheme of things, I don't think the public demand for quilts, and the subsequent sales of such quilts warrents this extreme crack down. I just don't get it, is my perception that far out in left field?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 AM

Came across a fabric with that message last summer, after I bought it of course. Went back to LQS & told owner I wouldn't buy any fabric that carries a message like that. She was surprised! Hadn't noticed it when she bought it & said she will check the selvedge before buying fabric for her shop. Kept her word.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 AM

I do not make anything to sell, but I will not buy it either. That is ridiculous and I am not going to spend my money to support a designer with such silly rules. We use our money to buy the fabric, our patterns (sometimes other peoples ) and hour upon hour to make our own creations. If we want to sell them we should be able to sell them without threats or worry. SHEESH!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:24 AM

I've probably not SOLD more than 10 items in my 64 years on this earth. SO, if one of my fabrics had that warning, it wouldn't affect me. But still I may be wary of buying such.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:58 AM

This is so wierd-- As I was waiting for my turn at the cutting table the lady in front of me was buying fleece with sports team logos on them to make Christmas stockings to sell at her Flea Mkt booth.Another lady said what she was doing was illegal and 'Don't you read the selvedge' blah blah blah and she could be arrested I could not help but to lol at that remark. I figure once its purchased its yours to do what you want..I don't read the selvedge other than to make sure the color code is there But from now on I will make sure to not buy any CFs and to let the store know why.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM

I have never heard of such a thing! Things are really getting complicated! How silly! Its all about the money ,I think!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

Don't buy that fabric. If it doesn't sell the store will stop ordering it. The designer will have what she wants, her fabric all to herself. LOL.