Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you are a quilter and don't have one of these..... >

If you are a quilter and don't have one of these.....

If you are a quilter and don't have one of these.....

Old 12-29-2011, 06:58 AM

The older I get, the more I value ANY safety device ESPECIALLY when it relates to my quilting passion. This is a great tip. I watched the video and, to me it looks worth the money. There's always more fabric but not time to recover from cuts and missing body parts, even little ones! Thank you for taking the time to share your good fortune and this helpful information with us.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:09 AM

Great gadget, but for the price will have to get along without it.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:13 AM

I think it's a great idea. I usually have to straighten my fabric halfway thru cutting because it somehow gets wonky. thanks for sharing
Old 12-29-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
The older I get, the more I value ANY safety device ESPECIALLY when it relates to my quilting passion. This is a great tip. I watched the video and, to me it looks worth the money. There's always more fabric but not time to recover from cuts and missing body parts, even little ones! Thank you for taking the time to share your good fortune and this helpful information with us.
I totally agree. Also, with arthritic hands, this looks as if it would be safer to use, and easier on my hands when cutting. I wonder how much safer it is than the gripper item available at JoAnn's? Does anyone have ideas on this?

I think I might put this on my birthday or Christmas list for 2012. I also like the info about ordering it straight online for less. Thank you for this post, as well as for posting the less expensive price information.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by hcarpanini View Post
You are really missing the boat. I got this gadget called Rule Steady for Christmas and I love it!!! I will never cut a piece of fabric without it! With just a tad of pressure on the handle, the ruler underneath cannot move at all! You can use it on any size ruler, large or small. It is from Australia, but there is a shop in Indiana that sells it. It was $89. but will save tons of fabric due to have to constantly straightening because the ruler "slipped".
This sounds great. Thanks for the tip. froggyintexas
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM

Thumbs up Ruler holder

I use Creative Grid rulers, made here in the UK as they incorporate non slip spots on the back of the ruler but for safety I have advised my pupils to have one of these http://www.creativegrids.com/acatalog/info_1_N0442.html BUT not at that price. In our local "Home Bargain" store they sell the self same item, although they call it a Shower Grip Handle and only charge £2.99/$4.50, quite a difference
Old 12-29-2011, 08:06 AM

Thanks so much for sharing! Luann
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 AM

I have had this for several years and I also love it. I ordered my from Australia and it is on my cutting table.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM

I have never heard of this product before. Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you got something like this that you enjoy.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 AM

That looks great. Pretty pricey though, but could always go on a Christmas wish list. Thanks for telling us about it.

FREE Quilting Newsletter