Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If you shopped at Joanns this weekend, how did you do?

I spent $72 and saved $103. Got several yards of Keepsake calicos, two pattern books(one is bargellos), quites a few notions to stock up my supplies(pins, marking pencils, another ruler in a size I don't have, a couple of stencils), a poster frame for the poster I won at Lancaster Quilt show reception as a door prize. some interfacing for making bags- it is 50% off and then the 25% coupon- what a fun shopping trip!
    If I didn't shop for a year I would have plenty of projects to do and all I needed to finish them!

Although I am aggravated with them and hate going there, I could not pass this one up. I spent 118 and saved 143. Two rulers, blades, a big mat, thread and some other stuff.

I received an early birthday gift from a friend and it's the folding cutting table and I'm just thrilled to have no more bending!!! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingal
    I live about 20 miles from small Joanns store and went there they did not have the fabric on sale and would not honor it. I could have gone 28 miles the other way to larger Joanns. I emailed Joanns and told them they need to specify in there ad that it is only good at the larger stores. Need less to say I will not go to that Joanns again.
    As a fellow Missourian, I'm very curious which Joann's you went to that didn't have fabric on sale. The smallest store I am aware of is my local store (Festus/Crystal City aka Twin Cities) and the next smallest is in my home town, Jefferson City.

I went back to check on some flannel that I bought yesterday at a super-store that I thought was Snuggle but rang up @ $5.99 per yard instead of $2.49. Hubby found it in the licensed prints & panels and it does NOT say Snuggle on it. It was $1 off the regular price of $6.99 per yard so I couldn't use a coupon on it but with all the other purchases I made yesterday plus the 25% off the total, I still came out way ahead and they have to make some profit to stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning
    I live about 20 miles from small Joanns store and went there they did not have the fabric on sale and would not honor it. I could have gone 28 miles the other way to larger Joanns. I emailed Joanns and told them they need to specify in there ad that it is only good at the larger stores. Need less to say I will not go to that Joanns again.
    As a fellow Missourian, I'm very curious which Joann's you went to that didn't have fabric on sale. The smallest store I am aware of is my local store (Festus/Crystal City aka Twin Cities) and the next smallest is in my home town, Jefferson City.
    Sorry to hear that. As a former employee of Joanns, we honored all unexpired coupons from where ever. I believe that is a management decision though. The money from your town is just as green as the money from my town. Bad, bad call there.

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
    There's really very little that I need any more. Lately, all I need is to get my rear in gear and sew some of it together. ;)
    I HOPE you mean fabric?!? :shock: ROFL

Have the coupons but don't really need anything. I want to use the fabrics I have first - 5 planned quilts and dh is taking me to the auction tomorrow! Looking for cabinets and shelving for my sewing room.

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    What? Someone didn't do their job ~ there are not different sales in differetn districts... it sounds to me like the Merchandising Manager didn't feel like hanging the sale signs or something ~ all JoAnn Fabrics have the sales!? (I used to be a merch mgr for them in a smaller store) Someone fed you a line of beans, corn & grits... I would be upset and call corporate and mention this to their DTL (district Team Leader aka the stores managers' boss). Sometimes when someone complains about something like this, a good DTL will give you a small gift card for your inconvenience. Be specific. I am not a complainer, but if management is not doing their job like this, the DTL needs to hear from the customer.

I am sorry you wasted your time and gas, hope you had a better day in other area :)

Going tomorrow..... I need thread!! Thanks for reminding me! :-)

I stocked up on 13 spools of thread (at 40% off), interfacing (tear away, fusible and sew in different weights) at 50% off plus I treated myself to a quilt book at 40% off. Plus my 25% coupon - only spent $38.00 Savings of $48.53! Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
    There's really very little that I need any more. Lately, all I need is to get my rear in gear and sew some of it together. ;)
    I HOPE you mean fabric?!? :shock: ROFL
    :lol: Yes - fabric... :lol: it's the fabric that needs sewing.

Though the rear could stand a few tucks, too. ;)

What? Someone didn't do their job ~ there are not different sales in differetn districts... it sounds to me like the Merchandising Manager didn't feel like hanging the sale signs or something ~ all JoAnn Fabrics have the sales!? (I used to be a merch mgr for them in a smaller store) Someone fed you a line of beans, corn & grits... I would be upset and call corporate and mention this to their DTL (district Team Leader aka the stores managers' boss). Sometimes when someone complains about something like this, a good DTL will give you a small gift card for your inconvenience. Be specific. I am not a complainer, but if management is not doing their job like this, the DTL needs to hear from the customer.

I am sorry you wasted your time and gas, hope you had a better day in other area :)
    I concur

Saved $212--I've already deleted what I spent from my brain!
    Got great organizing things (cute baskets and magazine holders) lots of Gutterman and notions galore. Fun, fun, fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

I concur
    Since a computer keeps track of all the prices by SKU #, I thought it odd that their sales would NOT be national. Of course a computer could also adjust the price based on each store's id # if they wanted to but as for their sales flyers; it's a pain in the butt & big expense to make different sale flyers for different regions. Walmart can afford it but even some of their flyers state that merchandise may not be in all stores--especially at Christmas time.

Our new Joann's had a grand opening this week-end. Lots of 50% off on stuff plus the 25% off your total purchase. Great deals. Lots of long cutting lines; however, you could get your number when you go in and then shop until they call your number - like the ice cream store! When I got my number they were cutting #59 - mines was #93!

I saved $24.00 on a lavender print keepsake calico. It will be the back of a quilt Iím making for my daughterís second wedding anniversary. I also saved $20.00 on a cream colored calico which I will attempt to make into a flutter wheel quilt. So I saved a total of $44.00 bucks. :-) :lol: :)

Where do I find this coupon? I need to build my stash

I went this afternoon, left without anything. Wanted some artificial flowers, even at 50% off they were way too expensive and not enough variety for what I wanted -- disappointed.

I signed up to receive the coupons online. Plus they were giving them out at the store last week.

I spent $71.00 and saved $71.00 :-D I got 20 yds of Keepsake Calicos, a book, a magazine and a large spool of sulky thread. Oh yeah and a 60 mm rotary cutter blade for $3.97 plus the extra 25% off.

My original bill, before coupons, was 271.65....after....$135.88 for a total savings of $134.66. I got a Ton of fabric (23.5 yards total), several hand quilting threads and my husband got a couple cake decorating supplies (that's his hobby). I'm SO excited.

Quote Originally Posted by BKrenning

I concur
    Since a computer keeps track of all the prices by SKU #, I thought it odd that their sales would NOT be national. Of course a computer could also adjust the price based on each store's id # if they wanted to but as for their sales flyers; it's a pain in the butt & big expense to make different sale flyers for different regions. Walmart can afford it but even some of their flyers state that merchandise may not be in all stores--especially at Christmas time.
    It is also possible to over-ride the computer with Mgmt approval. :-)

It is also possible to over-ride the computer with Mgmt approval. :-)
    Yes, yes, yes. If you question if something is on sale, they can check the ring-up price either at the register, or with the hand-helds too.

For the poster that had the question on the flannel not being snuggle: it sounds like someone mis-filed a quilter's or licensed flannel in with the snuggle flannels... but the Licensed prints (Dora, Superman, Hello Kitty, Kermit, Snoopy, etc but not sports teams) is on sale 50% this weekend, too... then the add'l 25% IS valid on top of that ~ I bought my husband's last 2 buzz lightyear prints last night, so now I can make his snuggle quilt.

I found a Disney "Cars" Cricut Cartridge on clearance... last one... yippee! planning on making a "Fillmore" card for nephew's hippie wedding :) So I saved $65 on that! Yay!

I am so frustrated! We just moved and I'm not gettingthe mailing anymore. I've re-signed up twice!!

I went to two Joanns today and plan to go again tomorrow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast