Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm already tired of it! >

I'm already tired of it!

I'm already tired of it!

Old 06-25-2015, 04:40 PM

I think you are being much too hard on yourself!. I think it is very pretty in lots of ways. hen you get the rest of it assembled I think your fears will disappear. Don't give up too soon.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:04 PM

I think this quilt is gorgeous. I love the clean, fresh colors. Reminds me of the ocean. It makes me want to curl up with it on a sun porch with a good book and a cup of coffee.

I think you are just at that stage in a quilt that you cannot see the end result. It seems overwhelming to finish. It won't be as white or as flat feeling once it is all assembled. Once it is quilted, it will all come alive and I think you will fall in love with it.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:47 PM

I think it is beautiful too. Stay with it. Don't quit.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:24 PM

Wow,that's pretty. I haven't made a lot of quilts. But have already have learned that they change,and only become more beautiful when quilted. But, I don't know SAS pattern either. So in my mind I'm not comparing it with that at all.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM

I think it is really pretty, but I like lots of white contrast in a quilt! repetition can get old, so I usually have 2-3 quilts going at the same time to switch it out. However, I think you said you have had this as an UFO already for several years-----so if you are having a really hard time continuing with it, get rid of it!!! Life is too short to spend a lot of time on something you hate!!! Can you find someone to give it to that would enjoy working on it?????
Old 06-25-2015, 07:02 PM

OMG.....I have a SAS in a UFO box...almost exactly the same color families you are using...I know how you re feeling...but I am not ready to toss it yet...but not ready to get back to it either lol.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-26-2015, 03:37 AM

Complete it!

You won't be sorry....it will be gorgeous!!!!!!!

Seriously!!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

Hang in there. This is going too be such stunning quilt. Maybe just allocate a bit of your sewing time every other day, maybe the goal is to make one block or partial block and then go on to something more fun.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:02 AM

Please don't talk yourself out of finishing this! Your fabrics go together amazingly well, and there is such good contrast between everything -- even the white that seems to bother you too much. If you ever sit on a beach and watched the waves as they crash to the shore, you will see the blue and green and aqua colors in your quilt as the sun reflects off the water. The white reminds me of the foam on the water. I can definitely see the movement of the waters in your magnificent quilt. Please! Please! Please! Take a break from it, yes, but do finish it.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:22 AM

I'm sorry you are disappointed in this QIP; I think that if/when you finish it and some super quilting done on it, it will be gorgeous. Normally, I'm not a big fan of lots of white in a quilt, but as Feline Fanatic wrote ... your white areas are perfect for some quilting magic. Also, I think the fabric colors look just fine where they are.