I'm lost!

I'm lost!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:30 PM

http://www.myknitter.com

http://www.loomroom.com/index.html

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/how-to-loom-knit.html

http://www.decoraccentsinc.com/

http://www.knittingboard.com/

I went to my search engine and typed in "knitting looms" ...
Bev's Country Cottage is an amazing site of how-tos, crochet, knitting, sewing with thousands of patterns, links, and a heart to share

The decor Accents, Inc ... is a premiere site for wooden looms, my goal is to own an infinity board ... it will make an afghan that is is 60 inches wide ... and has a LOT of videos to whet your creative abilities on the loom.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:32 PM

These are not all the sites by any means, but you will be able to research loom knitting for yourself and decide which looms you will want, and what projects you will enjoy making.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by omak
These are not all the sites by any means, but you will be able to research loom knitting for yourself and decide which looms you will want, and what projects you will enjoy making.
Omak, thanks for all the links! Yes the wooden looms look much nicer than the plastic (LOL) but I ordered a set of 4 round plastic looms from ebay to see if I like to do it before I spend much money. Thanks for all your help! :D
Old 12-26-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by omak
Omak, thanks for all the links! Yes the wooden looms look much nicer than the plastic (LOL) but I ordered a set of 4 round plastic looms from ebay to see if I like to do it before I spend much money. Thanks for all your help! :D
Oh! This is soooo exciting! Be sure to keep us apprised of your progress ... and, you can use any video for loom knitting on the plastic looms, even though they are showing work being done on the finer, smaller looms ... a loom is a loom <g>.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 AM

I love knitting but can't do any large items anymore because of the shoulder but everyone loves getting the dish cloths & slippers for Christmas. It seems they just last a year so they are a big hit every year plus I get to keep my hands busy so that I won't be putting snacks in my mouth.
Double whammy is what I call it.
Serena
Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 AM

I love to crochet too, been doing since I was 9.

I taught myself to knit last year. I really wanted to make socks, but decided it must be a secret type of Chinese torture!! I just found it impossible.

I'm new to quilting and find it soooooo relaxing...just loving it!
Old 12-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Candela59
I love to crochet too, been doing since I was 9.

I taught myself to knit last year. I really wanted to make socks, but decided it must be a secret type of Chinese torture!! I just found it impossible.

I'm new to quilting and find it soooooo relaxing...just loving it!
I could NEVER figure out how to use more than two needles at a time without stitches falling off :lol: :lol:
Old 12-27-2009, 03:00 PM

WOW! I am so much like all of you! I think sitting around with nothing to do is such a waste of a day!
When I showed my son the Gingerbread House I made (after completing my last quilt) he said, Mom, I hope 2010 brings you a JOB!"
They all appreciate the things I make and the cooking I do but they know it drives me insane to be idle!
Thanks for allowing me to feel like I fit in somewhere...most of my friends, family and former colleagues thought I was just an "odd duck"!!! I feel like a card-carrying member of the "Land of the Mis-Fit Toys"...WITH PRIDE!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I can knit and I can crochet, but I can't keep the tension when I crochet. Oh my goodness, you should see the amazing shapes I have created over time (and they were supposed to be simple squares. lol)

Had to give up knitting due to tendonitis.

So now it's quilting all the way.
I have been tolf that I crochet "wrong" but my grandmother taught me how to crochet so I don't care. Whem she taught me, she told me to wrap the yarn in a loop around my pinkie finger and then the strnad goes over my index finger and that helps control the tension. FYI: Last Christmas, gave DH the yarn for his scarf and this Christmas he finally received the scaref that i had crocheted!! He loved it and I'm relieved it's done so now I can quilt without remorse! :)