Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm stumped. What would *you* do?

Did you see the free pattern Maywood released with the line? https://d1nvdmt0osh3cv.cloudfront.ne...eats_54x54.pdf I like it! If you are wanting a runner instead of a topper, just use what they consider a row, and repeat to get to the length you want, before adding the borders. Although they used a border print from the same line, if you don't have that, you could just use fabrics having colors from the blocks.

It looks like in the pattern, they used the borders as is. I'm fairly sure that you could make that 1/4" difference up in the fabric around it and never notice that they aren't exactly the same, especially after it's quilted.

I'd do it the lazy, but easy way. Use the color that you were thinking for the stars, or just a general background color. Sash all the blocks using strips that are wider than the tallest side. Then cut them all square. Some of the sashing will be bigger, some smaller, but you now have squares to work with. I do this when I make tee shirt quilts. It works.
    Arlene

I would square them up and loose a little here and there and then use them as is.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
    Did you see the free pattern Maywood released with the line? https://d1nvdmt0osh3cv.cloudfront.ne...eats_54x54.pdf I like it! If you are wanting a runner instead of a topper, just use what they consider a row, and repeat to get to the length you want, before adding the borders. Although they used a border print from the same line, if you don't have that, you could just use fabrics having colors from the blocks.

It looks like in the pattern, they used the borders as is. I'm fairly sure that you could make that 1/4" difference up in the fabric around it and never notice that they aren't exactly the same, especially after it's quilted.
    That is cute! Thanks for the link - it's free too! I'll be sewing on Sunday, I'll have to make up my mind which way to go, lol...
    Singer 301 (Zsuzsi), Janome DC1050, Brother XR3140 -when did THAT happen?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2