Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm thinking about de-stashing totally >

I'm thinking about de-stashing totally

I'm thinking about de-stashing totally

Old 03-30-2011, 02:17 AM

I saq a link which showed a lady's control of her stash by cutting into different sized strips and then storing them in plastic containers (drawers. My computer's ink supply was running low and I did not run off a hard copy. Could you please direct me to that link again. I went to the store and got new ink but I can't find the link. Thank you for your help.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by BobbiSue
Nancy Lou, I love the quilt you use in your post... I lovve the older style patterns!
Thank-you BobbiSue! :)
Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM

I think quilting, like any hobby, we tend to keep our eyes out for something new, or different that we don't have. or forgot we have.
I did it yrs ago,when I was into designing/decoration stationery and greeting cards. Every time I went to town I can home with more supplies. plus new art/design books.

My daughter says she did the same with scrapbooking and now with jewlery making. Later we wonder why we bought so much.

I figure when I am home working on my hobbies I am not out spending money or gambling or such, which can run into money too.

PS no I will never use up my stash, but have fun trying.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 AM

So I can shop right here at home.Besides, mine was bought before fabric hit the prices they get now & looks like prices will go even higher. Whew! Thank heaven for stash!!

Originally Posted by mayday
Why stash in the first place?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:46 AM

Our sewing ministry, making dresses for children in Guatemala and Brazil, would love to help you with this problem. We survive on donations. Maybe there is a group like us near you!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:47 AM

I will never use my stash. And I probably would have saved lots of money in the long run if I had just bought fabrics for individual projects. But I get a huge thrill of digging through my stash and finding just the right fabric for a project, or finding something different than what is out there now for sale. My stash goes back 30 years and I find lots of gems at the bottom of some of my containers. Sweet!!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by newbee
My stash goes back 30 years and I find lots of gems at the bottom of some of my containers. Sweet!!
30 years! Wow....I think my oldest fabric is only 4 yrs. I'd love to look through yours!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:07 AM

To A1Crafter: This might have been posted elsewhere in this thread, but here's a great link: http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml
Old 03-31-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by lynnsim
To A1Crafter: This might have been posted elsewhere in this thread, but here's a great link: http://quiltville.com/scrapusersystem.shtml

Thanks for sharing that, there is a wealth of ideas there. :thumbup:
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 PM

Wow! I'm trying to build a stash and if any of you want to help me I'll be so grateful. Just pm me :mrgreen: