Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Incentive >

Incentive

Incentive

Old 09-09-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by AllyStitches View Post
Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with projects that I just can't "go." I've even thought several times about just selling my sewing room, but usually that's after an extended period of time that I haven't been able to sew. Once I get into a project, I remember that I enjoy it immensely, and that motivates me. To me, it's like running: The first step out the door is the most difficult, tedious one. Once I'm on my run, I feel so much better, and remember how much I enjoy it. I think our lives are so busy with work, family and other things that have to be done, that it becomes really easy to burn out - at least that's how it is in my life. I'm trying really hard to manage everything.
That's exactly like me! If I can just bite the bullet and get started, then I soon get "into" the project. Sometimes I stew and worry about a project, or procrastinate, but once I get started, then it's priority.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:25 PM

I enjoy using the swaps/challenges from this board as incentive , like the mug rug swap or the wall hanging swap.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:44 PM

Sometimes "life" just gets to be overhelming, especially if time is spent doing for others, which we all enjoy doing, but in order to properly serve, we must have "me" time also! Just a bit can help, then we are refreshed to go about our other obligations. Even Jesus had to have time alone(prayer) to finish His work! So don't feel guilty, take time for You! All that you do, you surely deserve it!