Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Invention I would like to see..

Quote Originally Posted by granky
    My embroidery machine has a 'stitch counter' and when it went in for repairs the gentleman couldn't believe the machine was still going with the millions of stitches it has. (can't remember how many millions he said, but it was up there)...but it's repaired and now putting more on...
    Yes, I know what you mean. Mine 4000D has 9 million some stitches on it. They tell me that isn't too many. Sure sounds like it to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I'd be happy with just a bobbin holder that would take a whole spool or cone.
    Ditto - especially on the longarm!

when i was a teenager my two sister, mother and an aunt all shared the same sewing machine and made all our own clothing, even some coats and bathing suits. we used to take the motor to be replaced and the repairman said he wished we had an odometer. the machine was seldom not running.

i was just thinking about that while walking today wondered if i could sew as far as i walked in a day

After this evening's experience, how about one that won't sew or would beep if the presser foot isn't down!!!!

love the bobbin via a thread cone idea. I would want my machine to turn back time to prevent silly mistakes, or better yet, add more hours to the day that could only be spent quilting!

I had a Singer one time that filled the bobbin right in place rather than having to take it out to fill. I wish my Janomes had that feature. Someone said that Singer had the patent on that. I will be glad when the patent runs out so all companies could put that feature on their machines.

Actually back in the day they did have a machine that the bobbin thread came off a spool.

http://community.stretcher.com/blogs...g-machine.aspx
    photos
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...35286911OBEqmC

Just look for National two spool if you are interested in more info

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    Actually back in the day they did have a machine that the bobbin thread came off a spool.

http://community.stretcher.com/blogs...g-machine.aspx
    photos

Just look for National two spool if you are interested in more info
    And we don't have it NOW?!? What a blessing it would be. I hate winding bobbins and usually do a ton of them at once in a neutral color. But I still lhate to stop to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong
    Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?
    Wouldn't that be great ! On the days we log in a bunch of miles, we could eat more chocolate. Isn't that the way it works ?

That's my wish. Why can't there be some sort of bobbin set up where thread feeds directly from a cone, like with a serger, for regular sewing machines? That would be heavenly

My Bernina keeps track of stitches and when they reach a certain count it tells me to oil it, just wish it would tell me when the bobbin is low but my new Janome 11000 will tell me.

My Bl Elleago has a setting that can tell me how many stitches I have sewn. When it was brand new the lady showed me it had 0 stitches so i new it was a new machine & never used. I don't know if it can be reset. Maybe like a car.

I am with you on this. I hate winding and changing bobbins

Yes that would be very cool!! Maybe I lost some weight running it all those miles !!!

Whew! That actually might be too scary to know.....LOL

Blog Entries
    If I can't have a BIG bobbin or thread-fed, how about a beep when the bobbin is out?

My Brother tells me when the bobbin is low it will actually stop the machine, sometimes I wish I could shut it off because I know I can get just a few more seams out of a bobbin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
    just be glad you don't have to put GAS in it!
    AMEN!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Woodhull
    I had a Singer one time that filled the bobbin right in place rather than having to take it out to fill. I wish my Janomes had that feature. Someone said that Singer had the patent on that. I will be glad when the patent runs out so all companies could put that feature on their machines.
    My Janome beeps to remind me the bobbin is almost out but I really need one that SLAPS me so I will pay attention to the beep and not just keep on sewing!! ;O)

One that makes a cup of tea every hour? I keep forgetting to hydrate. Daft me!
    Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong
    Wouldnt it be fun to have an odometer on your machine so you knew how many miles you have sewn?
    I figured out the "mileage" on several cones of thread, so that when they were finished, I would know I had sewn AT LEAST that far!

Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    Quote Originally Posted by Izaquilter
    We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!
    yep, I've been thinking about this for a long time, especially since I got my quilting machine, just about the time I get a good rythm going the bobbin runs out.
    I would love to know miles or even hours, that could help in determining price, easier than tracking time1
    Amish hand quilters charge by spools of thread. Depends on the size of spools, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Izaquilter
    We need to get together! I was thinking the same exact thing not too long ago! Why can't there be an invention where the bobbin feeds off a spool of thread on the outside so you never need to fill a bobbin! That can be our million dollar invention!
    I'd buy whatever machine that worked on... You guys are in business!!! :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    well you do...it is called the bobbin...all you have to know is how many yards of thread on the bobbin, then can convert yds into feet and feet into miles...

what machines really need is something that tells you how many HOURS you have on it...it needs, cleaned and timed according the hours of use! Especially the newer machines that you do not oil, but they have the lubricant in them. That goes away after sew many hours of use and only repairman can re-lube it properly!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast