Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome 6600P problem >

Janome 6600P problem

Janome 6600P problem

Old 06-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Thanks ladies, but I have my manual. I need the REPAIR manual which apparently only the techs have.

I tried all day to get on the Janome forum to ask questions and it wouldn't let me on.

The fixya.com wants money to answer your question.

So back to square one.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm sorry hate to sound stupid but I am looking at my machine and the only dial I see is the dial for the tension on the front. Is this the dial? I can go by my local dealer tomorrow and ask for help they always seem to help out the quilters but I need to know which dial just point me in the right direction on the machine.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:51 PM

Sorry, camera is down, so can't take a pic. Anyway, it is the dial numbered 0-9 and regulates the stitch length. There are approx. 10 items behind the initial dial you see from the front.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:55 PM

OK. Hope you can wait until about 1pm tomorrow for an answer, I will go over in the morning and see if they have a diagram or something I can send to you.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:24 PM

I called over to the sewing center and they want to know what the machine is doing or not doing and if you can give as much info as possible I can take it with me and they said they will try and help.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:51 PM

Well, when I start to stitch, it does teh loopy bird nest thing underneath, it breaks teh thread, it gives an errror message that I can't continue for safety sake or something like that.

I have re-threaded, changed thread, changed bobbin, cleaned twice real good, changed needle, took apart the regulating dial and got a piece of thread out of there, re-cleaned, re-threaded, it worked for a few days then wham! thread breaks again then the loops underneath. It all started when I tried to use the zig-zag for these VBS costumes.

Thanks for your help you really don't have to do all that. I sure appreciate it tho.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:04 PM

It's not a problem they are only a couple blocks from my house. I had the same thing happen but after I used the tread cutter button and when I took it in he retreaded it and reset something and it has been fine since. Since it is computerized I think there is a way to reset them also but I'll get as much info as possible. I'll post as soon as I get back from there.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:09 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back to you had to work later than I thought. Not sure how far apart you took it so here goes. If you remove the dial you'll see a screw and white plastic piece where the screw goes in that screw not only holds the pcs in it is an adjusting screw. He suggested having your DH put the pcs back the way he did it since it did work for a few days and then adjust that screw little by little. Also behind that where the big black spring is is also a sm. screw that is another adjusting screw. so if you are putting it back together the sm. springs first, the black spring, white plastic pc and then the screw. If you went further than that he said you may have a problem getting all the sm screws back to their proper adjustment and is time consuming. He also said to reset the memory with the switch on back because the error might have set itself in the memory and you need to clear that. How far apart did you take it? Did you go as far back as the tension wire thingy(my term not his)? He said try this and if that doesn't work then he said I could come back and he could see what else he could figure out for you. He also said when putting each pc in dust all sides with a soft little brush including the screws. Hope this helps if not let me know. He is closed on sunday and monday so I would have to go over tomorrow. All else fails my DH will take my other machine apart and write down the exact order for you and since the sewing center is so close I can always take it there if something goes wrong (he's really resonably priced for the one's that bought there machines there, last time mine was free). I will be online most of tonight and on and off tomorrow Hope we can get this fixed for you.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:28 PM

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time and effort. I did re-do everything and still no go. SO... I called the sewing shop and they can see me Tuesday and will look at the machine to see what is wrong at no cost., He said there may be a burr on teh bobbin winder or needle or some other little thing and if it just needs an adjustment may cost as little as $20.00 and for $75 they will do a complete cleaning, oil, and tune up. Can't beat that.

Yes, I took ALL the gadgets off to the far back. Usually I have no problem fixing things like this, but with the cat swishing the pieces off the table...well...Thanks again. Will be so glad to get my machine fixed.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Sorry it didn't work out but sounds like you found a good shop with fair prices. Best of luck