Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome MC15000 >

Janome MC15000

Janome MC15000

Old 11-01-2013, 12:53 PM

Default Janome MC15000

Hi Guys,

This machine has just hit the UK shores and today at a quilt show Ingot to see the demo model. As expected at a demo the machine worked and looked great, but it is when the user gets it home the bugs are discovered...... So my question is.... Do any of you guys have this machine and if you do, what do you think of it?

Looking for all opinions before I go spending DH's money - LOL LOL LOL.

Hugs

Caroline
Old 11-01-2013, 01:22 PM

My friend just traded her MC12000 for this new machine. She loves it! She has owned a 9500, SE10000, the 12000 and now the new MC15000. It replaces the 12000 that did not have a standard hoop. They made several improvements and I know for a fact that the day the Houston dealer previewed the machine he sold 29 new ones.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 PM

that would be my dream machine... friend has hers ordered ...lucky girl!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:15 PM

I just had a demo on the 15000, comparing to Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro, and was there for 2 hours, never had any quirks. The quietest machine ever and stitch quality superb. They changed many things and added many new. You don't even need embroidery software with it. My pet peeve with the accufeed feet was they were sold separate and costly and a pain to put on. They include at least 3 or 4 of them and redesigned the way they go on. You get every hoop except the 6x6 which is to replace the 5x7 but so many complaints I believe they will come back with the 5x7. All screen editing and icons are extremely user friendly. I hate an icon I have to try to figure out what the heck it is. I had my heart set and ready for the Pfaff but it was so noisy, sounded like my PC6500 brother. If you had an entire room filled with 20 Janome 15000's running at full speed and embroidering , there would not be a problem trying to hear the instructor or someone else talking. Automatic needle threader, top load bobbin much like the brother, which I love. The accessories for the machine is the bomb! 13-14 feet + 2 needle plates and tons more all in a separate case. I love the embroidery unit, when done, u can remove off the back or close it up, out of the way, and has its own case
Old 11-01-2013, 09:46 PM

There is a yahoo group that includes this machine. Lots of reviews and comments on it.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM

My 15000 came home a couple of weeks ago and it's never leaving my sight! I really like this machine. Huge improvement over the 12000 which I really didn't like so much. The needle threader is terrific. It's quiet. Lots of toys come with it, and I'm really wanting to try the Accuquilt on it. The big screen is easy to see and they got rid of that wheely thing that didn't impress me much on the 12000. I know I could have used the money elsewhere, but what the heck. I hurt nobody in the purchase of this machine and I work darned hard for my money. I'm quite pleased.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:43 PM

I purchased the Janome MC15000 in April this year and I absolutely love it. I have previously owed the MC9000 and MC10000, both of which served me very well. I do think the Janome MC15000 is equivalent to a Rolls Royce motor car. Beautiful embroidery quality and a dream to sew and quilt on.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 PM

I traded in my 11000SE for the 15000 and so far I'm happy with it. I can't say I'm overjoyed. I'm not a picture person and it seems to me that there are too many icons that don't make sense to me on the main screen and I'm always fishing for what I want. Also I've had mine in the shop 3 times for the automatic needle threader not working, I'm now waiting for a replacement for it. I also thought the IPad app was going to be awesome, but it's very basic in my opinion.

I really had everything I needed in the 11000SE and should probably not have traded it in, but the deal was to die for.

Overall it's a nice machine and it's so quiet.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:13 AM

Hi everyone! I know this an old thread but didn't want to start a new one. It's has taken me almost two years to finally make a decision on a machine.
I go this afternoon to pick up my Janome MC15000 my questions are to all of you that already have one:
Do you like the Acufil Quilt? That's the reason I want the machine I am fascinated by that idea. My free motion quilting is crappy and I do practice everyday and would love to be able to do beautiful feathers and such.
Any tips or tricks?
Do you like or hate the machine and why?
Thank all of you who respond!
Elizabeth
Old 09-25-2016, 04:31 AM

Elizabeth, I've had mine for a few years--what a wonderful machine. I've had no problems and been very happy with all of the features it has. There are too many to type them all.

I haven't used the acufil designs that come with the machine, but I do use the hoop provided for quilting. I find designs off of the Internet and have started designing my own with software. I made a king size quilt that I used my 15000 for quilting that won a blue ribbon in my local guild and was selected as part of an exhibit at the Houston Quilt Festival.

It takes patience and stick to it since you can only quilt about 8" square at a time. Look for continuous line designs so you won't have a lot of thread stops.

So happy for you!